*Emeli Sande is among the acts who will perform special in-flight concerts on one of Richard Branson’s airlines to mark the 40th anniversary of the business mogul’s record label.
The British entrepreneur will mark 40 years since the launch of Virgin Records by lining up a number of the company’s artists, including Sande, for a series of special mid-air shows on his U.K. domestic airline Little Red.
The concerts will take place on flights connecting London to Manchester in England, as well as Edinburgh and Aberdeen in Scotland, and rocker Mike Oldfield is also among the artists on the bill.
“Virgin Records is where it all started for Virgin, and 40 years later it’s great to see we are still being innovative,” Branson says. “This exciting series of events is the perfect way to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Virgin Records and the artists, from Mike Oldfield to Emeli Sande, who continue to disrupt the status quo.”
More acts will be announced in the coming weeks before the gigs kick off in September.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Report Says Percocet Found in Prince's System
- Rappers Arrested for Credit Card Fraud after Rapping about Crimes in Songs
- L. A. City Hall Salutes 'Prince' on Friday, May 6, (Open to Public FREE)
- Alicia Keys Drops New Single - Ellen's $10,000 Gift to Dance Crew (WATCH)
- Prince’s ‘Kiss’ Performed Randomly on Subway Just Days Before He Died (Watch)
- Behind the Scenes of Janet Jackson’s New Video for ‘Dammn Baby’ (Watch)
- #AirbnbWhileBlack Exposes Racism Faced by Black Renters
- ‘Dear White People’ to Become a Netflix Series
- Trump Tweets Pic of Himself Eating Taco for Cinco de Mayo; Writes ‘I Love Hispanics!’
- Whoopi Goldberg Ready to Leave ‘The View’?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here