*Emeli Sande is among the acts who will perform special in-flight concerts on one of Richard Branson’s airlines to mark the 40th anniversary of the business mogul’s record label.
The British entrepreneur will mark 40 years since the launch of Virgin Records by lining up a number of the company’s artists, including Sande, for a series of special mid-air shows on his U.K. domestic airline Little Red.
The concerts will take place on flights connecting London to Manchester in England, as well as Edinburgh and Aberdeen in Scotland, and rocker Mike Oldfield is also among the artists on the bill.
“Virgin Records is where it all started for Virgin, and 40 years later it’s great to see we are still being innovative,” Branson says. “This exciting series of events is the perfect way to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Virgin Records and the artists, from Mike Oldfield to Emeli Sande, who continue to disrupt the status quo.”
More acts will be announced in the coming weeks before the gigs kick off in September.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here