*Emeli Sande is among the acts who will perform special in-flight concerts on one of Richard Branson’s airlines to mark the 40th anniversary of the business mogul’s record label.
The British entrepreneur will mark 40 years since the launch of Virgin Records by lining up a number of the company’s artists, including Sande, for a series of special mid-air shows on his U.K. domestic airline Little Red.
The concerts will take place on flights connecting London to Manchester in England, as well as Edinburgh and Aberdeen in Scotland, and rocker Mike Oldfield is also among the artists on the bill.
“Virgin Records is where it all started for Virgin, and 40 years later it’s great to see we are still being innovative,” Branson says. “This exciting series of events is the perfect way to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Virgin Records and the artists, from Mike Oldfield to Emeli Sande, who continue to disrupt the status quo.”
More acts will be announced in the coming weeks before the gigs kick off in September.
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here