*Emeli Sande is among the acts who will perform special in-flight concerts on one of Richard Branson’s airlines to mark the 40th anniversary of the business mogul’s record label.
The British entrepreneur will mark 40 years since the launch of Virgin Records by lining up a number of the company’s artists, including Sande, for a series of special mid-air shows on his U.K. domestic airline Little Red.
The concerts will take place on flights connecting London to Manchester in England, as well as Edinburgh and Aberdeen in Scotland, and rocker Mike Oldfield is also among the artists on the bill.
“Virgin Records is where it all started for Virgin, and 40 years later it’s great to see we are still being innovative,” Branson says. “This exciting series of events is the perfect way to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Virgin Records and the artists, from Mike Oldfield to Emeli Sande, who continue to disrupt the status quo.”
More acts will be announced in the coming weeks before the gigs kick off in September.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Cosmo Blasted for Declaring Kardashians 'America's First Family'
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Gabrielle Union to Star in ‘A Meyers Christmas’ for Universal
- Matt Barnes Still Swears He Had Something With Rihanna: ‘I’m Too Grown to Lie’
- Damien Sneed Performs During International Breast Cancer Awareness Week in Spain
- Bobby Shurmda Denied Bail, Will Stay in Jail Until Feb Trial Date
- Kim Zolciak Returning to ‘DWTS’ for the Nov. Finale
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here