“I had physical scars. Obviously, I had to go to the hospital. I’m going to admit if there wasn’t, I probably would have went right back in that house and would have brushed it under the rug…I wouldn’t have wanted the world to know,” Evelyn told “Access Hollywood” about the head butt that eventually brought about the end of her marriage.
The aftermath of that incident will be a main storyline of “Basketball Wives” season 5, premiered last night on VH1 tonight at 8pm Eastern.
“It’s still difficult even though it was a year ago, just having to watch it all over again. That was literally right after everything happened,” said Evelyn. “It was hard. I’m trying to move on with my life and now the show’s airing, so just having to deal with it all over again…”
Going forward, fans of “BBW” will get the inside look at how Evelyn dealt with the split from her marriage after she found a receipt for condoms that Chad had bought. According to Evelyn, they were only married for a few weeks when she confronted him about the questionable purchase that was followed by the head butt from Chad. Evelyn fled from Chad and ended up at a neighbors house, and eventually, at a hospital.
Having to deal with abuse and a marriage ending publicly is hard enough without having people questioning whether your actions provoked the incident. But Evelyn seems to be looking at the positive side of it all.
“I consider it such a huge blessing. Even though it was a very traumatic time for me… It’s a huge blessing. As Iyanla Vanzant told me: ‘I was a lesson to him, and he was a blessing to me,’” Evelyn said. She hasn’t had contact with Chad since January.
“I’m moving on with my life. He’s moving on with his life,” she said. “I’m glad things are where they’re at.”
Though Evelyn shared that she was a bit relieved when Chad took responsibility for the incident, he recently suggested that he was just playing his part.
“Let her tell her side. And my job is to cover the story, no matter what. And that’s what I’ve done, and it’s going to stay that way,” he told Broward Palm Beach News Times. “I’m supposed to. She’s the wife. That’s my job: to cover the story. That’s the way I was taught. That’s the way I was raised. If I’m your dad and I know you did something wrong, I don’t have a choice but to cover the story for you, whether you’re right or wrong.”
Watch the top six moments of Season 5 debut of “Basketball Wives”:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Comedian George Wallace: 'The Black But Equal Thing Don't Work for Us' [EUR EXCLUSIVE]
- Race and Cancer Survival: Blacks Less Likely to Survive (Writer Shares Personal Experience)
- Why Millions Would Join a Gorilla’s Lives Matter but Not Black Lives Matter
- Minor League Baseball Team to Honor Prince in Special 'Purple Game, Purple Game'
- Taraji P. Henson Among Honorees at Women in Film’s Crystal + Lucy Awards
- Dwayne Johnson to Play Action Hero Lead in ‘Doc Savage’
- Pres. Obama Edited to Sing Rihanna’s ‘Work’ (Watch)
- Rapper Troy Ave Pleads Not Guilty in T.I. Concert Shooting
- Jack Hanna Agrees '1,000 Percent' with Killing of Gorilla Harambe (Watch)
- Prince Sets Billboard 200 Record More Than a Month After Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here