*Steve Harvey’s Ford Neighborhood Awards was another rewarding spectacular in Las Vegas, Nv. over the weekend.
Every year, community members doing great deeds and delivering outstanding services to good ol’ regular folk are recognized for their hard work and enduring effort.
This year, Ford presented Stan Richards author of “From the Bus to the Bentley” with the Community Leader of the Year award. Along with the accolades, Richards also received a $30,000 check to be donated to a non-profit organization of his choice, a first for Ford and the Neighborhood Awards. Typically, Ford gives away a car, but instead, the company recognized the importance of embracing and uplifting businesses and supporting the community in a different way.
Richards has motivated and inspired thousands through his story and consistent work in the community. The author and motivational speaker is the epitome of rags to riches, coming from impoverished Washington D.C. to becoming one of the most impactful leaders in business.
Since launching his career, he’s helped join other entrepreneurs in the D.C. area to begin an entertainment company, Positive Black Men Coalition in 1992.
He also became a mogul of sorts with Metro, becoming a top executive. Eventually he and his wife joined a business venture 5LINX, a global telecommunications and energy company. Within 18 months, he garnered enough success to leave his post as double platinum senior vice president at Metro, where he nurtured an 18-year career.
Check out more about Stan Richards at stanrichardsonline.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kim Foxx Vows Reform for Chicago After Laquan McDonald Case
- #BLM Movement Picks Up Support from Benjamin Chavis and NNPA
- Jahlil Okafor: 76ers Rookie in Fight Outside Boston Nightspot (VIDEO)
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- THE (11-27-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- R&B Soul Jazz Singer Kenya Covers 'Little Drummer Boy' (Listen)
- T-Pain Tells Larry King Why He's 'Done with Making Hits!’
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here