*Steve Harvey’s Ford Neighborhood Awards was another rewarding spectacular in Las Vegas, Nv. over the weekend.
Every year, community members doing great deeds and delivering outstanding services to good ol’ regular folk are recognized for their hard work and enduring effort.
This year, Ford presented Stan Richards author of “From the Bus to the Bentley” with the Community Leader of the Year award. Along with the accolades, Richards also received a $30,000 check to be donated to a non-profit organization of his choice, a first for Ford and the Neighborhood Awards. Typically, Ford gives away a car, but instead, the company recognized the importance of embracing and uplifting businesses and supporting the community in a different way.
Richards has motivated and inspired thousands through his story and consistent work in the community. The author and motivational speaker is the epitome of rags to riches, coming from impoverished Washington D.C. to becoming one of the most impactful leaders in business.
Since launching his career, he’s helped join other entrepreneurs in the D.C. area to begin an entertainment company, Positive Black Men Coalition in 1992.
He also became a mogul of sorts with Metro, becoming a top executive. Eventually he and his wife joined a business venture 5LINX, a global telecommunications and energy company. Within 18 months, he garnered enough success to leave his post as double platinum senior vice president at Metro, where he nurtured an 18-year career.
Check out more about Stan Richards at stanrichardsonline.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-06-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ralph Fiennes and Tilda Swinton Are Tortured Souls in 'A Bigger Splash'
- Ashanti Produces New Film ('Mothers and Daughters') with Superstar Cast (Watch)
- Birdman on 'Respek' Trending & Confronting The Breakfast Club
- Report Says Percocet Found in Prince's System
- Rappers Arrested for Credit Card Fraud after Rapping about Crimes in Songs
- L. A. City Hall Salutes 'Prince' on Friday, May 6, (Open to Public FREE)
- Alicia Keys Drops New Single - Ellen's $10,000 Gift to Dance Crew (WATCH)
- Prince’s ‘Kiss’ Performed Randomly on Subway Just Days Before He Died (Watch)
- Behind the Scenes of Janet Jackson’s New Video for ‘Dammn Baby’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here