*Steve Harvey’s Ford Neighborhood Awards was another rewarding spectacular in Las Vegas, Nv. over the weekend.
Every year, community members doing great deeds and delivering outstanding services to good ol’ regular folk are recognized for their hard work and enduring effort.
This year, Ford presented Stan Richards author of “From the Bus to the Bentley” with the Community Leader of the Year award. Along with the accolades, Richards also received a $30,000 check to be donated to a non-profit organization of his choice, a first for Ford and the Neighborhood Awards. Typically, Ford gives away a car, but instead, the company recognized the importance of embracing and uplifting businesses and supporting the community in a different way.
Richards has motivated and inspired thousands through his story and consistent work in the community. The author and motivational speaker is the epitome of rags to riches, coming from impoverished Washington D.C. to becoming one of the most impactful leaders in business.
Since launching his career, he’s helped join other entrepreneurs in the D.C. area to begin an entertainment company, Positive Black Men Coalition in 1992.
He also became a mogul of sorts with Metro, becoming a top executive. Eventually he and his wife joined a business venture 5LINX, a global telecommunications and energy company. Within 18 months, he garnered enough success to leave his post as double platinum senior vice president at Metro, where he nurtured an 18-year career.
Check out more about Stan Richards at stanrichardsonline.com.
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- REPORT: Congressman Chaka Fattah (Dem/PA) Indicted in Racketeering Case
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Jaden Smith Drops Video for New Track ‘Scarface’ (Watch)
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here