*Relativity has acquired worldwide rights to Gina Prince-Bythewood’s next film “Blackbird,” reports Deadline.com.
The film stars Gugu Mbatha-Raw as Noni Jean, a hot new artist who has just won a Grammy and is primed for stardom. But the pressures of success compel her to nearly end her life until she is saved by a young police officer. They fall hard for each other, despite the protests of their parents who want each to focus on their own career ambitions. But he might be the missing piece to unlock her artistic potential.,
Nate Parker and Danny Glover co-star.
Prince-Bythewood will direct from her script; Relativity has acquired worldwide rights and will finance the film. Relativity CEO Ryan Kavanaugh is producing with Stephanie Allain.
Mbatha-Raw’s resume includes leading roles in NBC’s “Undercovers” opposite Boris Kodjoe, and Fox’s “Touch” opposite Kiefer Sutherland.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Cincinnati Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Black Lives Matter Echoes the Evolution of Black Panther Party
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here