*Relativity has acquired worldwide rights to Gina Prince-Bythewood’s next film “Blackbird,” reports Deadline.com.
The film stars Gugu Mbatha-Raw as Noni Jean, a hot new artist who has just won a Grammy and is primed for stardom. But the pressures of success compel her to nearly end her life until she is saved by a young police officer. They fall hard for each other, despite the protests of their parents who want each to focus on their own career ambitions. But he might be the missing piece to unlock her artistic potential.,
Nate Parker and Danny Glover co-star.
Prince-Bythewood will direct from her script; Relativity has acquired worldwide rights and will finance the film. Relativity CEO Ryan Kavanaugh is producing with Stephanie Allain.
Mbatha-Raw’s resume includes leading roles in NBC’s “Undercovers” opposite Boris Kodjoe, and Fox’s “Touch” opposite Kiefer Sutherland.
- 'Silly' is How Ben Carson Sees the ‘Black Lives Matter’ Movement
- Chicago Man Wrongly Imprisoned for 17 Years, Shot Dead at Home (WATCH)
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Funeral Filled with Family, Music and Spirituality
- Teddy Pendergrass, Angie Stone Team For Posthumous ‘Love TKO’ Duet (LISTEN)
- Is the Media Still on that 'Make Black People Look Bad' Thing?
- THE (08-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here