*Relativity has acquired worldwide rights to Gina Prince-Bythewood’s next film “Blackbird,” reports Deadline.com.
The film stars Gugu Mbatha-Raw as Noni Jean, a hot new artist who has just won a Grammy and is primed for stardom. But the pressures of success compel her to nearly end her life until she is saved by a young police officer. They fall hard for each other, despite the protests of their parents who want each to focus on their own career ambitions. But he might be the missing piece to unlock her artistic potential.,
Nate Parker and Danny Glover co-star.
Prince-Bythewood will direct from her script; Relativity has acquired worldwide rights and will finance the film. Relativity CEO Ryan Kavanaugh is producing with Stephanie Allain.
Mbatha-Raw’s resume includes leading roles in NBC’s “Undercovers” opposite Boris Kodjoe, and Fox’s “Touch” opposite Kiefer Sutherland.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Gap Band Family Feud! Ronnie Wilson Sues Charlie Wilson
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here