The stars testified Tuesday before the Assembly Judiciary Committee on SB606. The bill would change the definition of harassment to include photographing a child without the permission of a legal guardian.
It was Berry’s second state Capitol appearance on the measure. Berry, who is pregnant, told lawmakers the constant presence of photographers has made her daughter scared to go to school.
Garner choked up describing how paparazzi aggressively follow her and her three children daily. [Scroll down to watch.]
Media organizations are concerned the bill from Democratic Sen. Kevin de Leon of Los Angeles will interfere with news gathering.
SB606 passed and heads to the Appropriations Committee.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Watch: Hundreds Gather to Support Wealthy Black Family Victimized by 'Hate Crime'
- 'Concrete Park' Collides with 'Blokhedz' at Harvard University
- Yodovo.com Encourages Blacks: Be Loud, Black and Proud
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here