*Vin Diesel has played the fictional antihero Richard B. Riddick in a total of four films now – including a 2004 animated version and the newest live action effort opening next month.
But there was a life-changing event that took place before production on “Riddick” (in theaters Sept. 6) that set the experience apart from the other three.
He and his longtime girlfriend had a son.
“We were initially going to make ‘Riddick’ before I did ‘Fast Five,’ and then I learned that we were expecting a child and I didn’t think it would be fair to the child,” Diesel said during interviews for the film. “I didn’t think it would be fair to the fans to go to that dark place while welcoming a life into the world. So ‘Riddick’ waited until after I did the more family centered ‘Fast Five.’
Diesel and his Mexican model squeeze Paloma Jimenez have two kids, both of whom were born after the first three films, “Pitch Black” (2000), “The Chronicles of Riddick” (2004) and the animated “The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury” (2004).
Their daughter, Hania Riley, was born in 2008, while their son was delivered during production on the fifth “Fast and Furious” installment in 2011.
Below, Diesel explains why “Fast Five” was the perfect movie to shoot while bringing a baby into the world – as odd as that sounds.
“Riddick” opens on Sept. 6. Watch the trailer below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Spelling Bee Kids Dab Their Way Through Early Rounds (Watch)
- Venus and Serena Advance With Identical Singles Scores at French Open
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Moves On…With a Man
- Actor Michael Jace Won’t Testify in His Murder Trial
- Cyndi Lauper Salutes Prince With ‘When You Were Mine’ at NY Concert (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here