*Vin Diesel has played the fictional antihero Richard B. Riddick in a total of four films now – including a 2004 animated version and the newest live action effort opening next month.
But there was a life-changing event that took place before production on “Riddick” (in theaters Sept. 6) that set the experience apart from the other three.
He and his longtime girlfriend had a son.
“We were initially going to make ‘Riddick’ before I did ‘Fast Five,’ and then I learned that we were expecting a child and I didn’t think it would be fair to the child,” Diesel said during interviews for the film. “I didn’t think it would be fair to the fans to go to that dark place while welcoming a life into the world. So ‘Riddick’ waited until after I did the more family centered ‘Fast Five.’
Diesel and his Mexican model squeeze Paloma Jimenez have two kids, both of whom were born after the first three films, “Pitch Black” (2000), “The Chronicles of Riddick” (2004) and the animated “The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury” (2004).
Their daughter, Hania Riley, was born in 2008, while their son was delivered during production on the fifth “Fast and Furious” installment in 2011.
Below, Diesel explains why “Fast Five” was the perfect movie to shoot while bringing a baby into the world – as odd as that sounds.
“Riddick” opens on Sept. 6. Watch the trailer below.
- #BlackLivesMatter Critic Peggy Hubbard Tells Activists to 'Bite Me'
- The Weeknd Covers Beyonce at Billboard Hot 100 Festival [Watch]
- Ohio Cop Pulls Man Over for 'Making Direct Eye Contact' (Watch)
- WATCH! Rapper Kevin Gates Viciously Kicks Woman in Chest/Facial Area
- History Making ‘Les Miserables’ Star Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dies at 21
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here