*Vin Diesel has played the fictional antihero Richard B. Riddick in a total of four films now – including a 2004 animated version and the newest live action effort opening next month.
But there was a life-changing event that took place before production on “Riddick” (in theaters Sept. 6) that set the experience apart from the other three.
He and his longtime girlfriend had a son.
“We were initially going to make ‘Riddick’ before I did ‘Fast Five,’ and then I learned that we were expecting a child and I didn’t think it would be fair to the child,” Diesel said during interviews for the film. “I didn’t think it would be fair to the fans to go to that dark place while welcoming a life into the world. So ‘Riddick’ waited until after I did the more family centered ‘Fast Five.’
Diesel and his Mexican model squeeze Paloma Jimenez have two kids, both of whom were born after the first three films, “Pitch Black” (2000), “The Chronicles of Riddick” (2004) and the animated “The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury” (2004).
Their daughter, Hania Riley, was born in 2008, while their son was delivered during production on the fifth “Fast and Furious” installment in 2011.
Below, Diesel explains why “Fast Five” was the perfect movie to shoot while bringing a baby into the world – as odd as that sounds.
“Riddick” opens on Sept. 6. Watch the trailer below.
- THE (07-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here