*Despite the criticism Shaunie O’Neal has faced for her show’s depiction of minority women, she is still looking to expand the brand.
“I would love to add another city,” said the “Basketball Wives” creator and Executive Producer whose successful VH1 series now tapes in Miami and L.A.
“We have definitely talked about adding another city or maybe even two,” she recently told Ebony magazine.
The shows have been the objects of criticism and even a few boycotts, but Shaunie says the ratings speak for themselves and that people are still tuning in.
“As much as people complain, the numbers seem to show that they like it. It is what it is. I’m proud of this season more than any other, and I love that. I hope it doesn’t affect the numbers, but if it does, I’m still very proud of it. I wouldn’t change it for anything,” she said.
The season 5 premiere drew more than 2 million viewers, earning a 1.3 rating among the coveted 18-49 age group. That’s a decline from the season 4 premiere, which attracted 3.7 million viewers, says VH1.
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here