*Despite the criticism Shaunie O’Neal has faced for her show’s depiction of minority women, she is still looking to expand the brand.
“I would love to add another city,” said the “Basketball Wives” creator and Executive Producer whose successful VH1 series now tapes in Miami and L.A.
“We have definitely talked about adding another city or maybe even two,” she recently told Ebony magazine.
The shows have been the objects of criticism and even a few boycotts, but Shaunie says the ratings speak for themselves and that people are still tuning in.
“As much as people complain, the numbers seem to show that they like it. It is what it is. I’m proud of this season more than any other, and I love that. I hope it doesn’t affect the numbers, but if it does, I’m still very proud of it. I wouldn’t change it for anything,” she said.
The season 5 premiere drew more than 2 million viewers, earning a 1.3 rating among the coveted 18-49 age group. That’s a decline from the season 4 premiere, which attracted 3.7 million viewers, says VH1.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Black Male Valedictorian, Straight A Student, Barred from Walking Grad Stage
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Jason Derulo Splits with 50 Cent’s Baby Mama Daphne Joy
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here