*Despite the criticism Shaunie O’Neal has faced for her show’s depiction of minority women, she is still looking to expand the brand.
“I would love to add another city,” said the “Basketball Wives” creator and Executive Producer whose successful VH1 series now tapes in Miami and L.A.
“We have definitely talked about adding another city or maybe even two,” she recently told Ebony magazine.
The shows have been the objects of criticism and even a few boycotts, but Shaunie says the ratings speak for themselves and that people are still tuning in.
“As much as people complain, the numbers seem to show that they like it. It is what it is. I’m proud of this season more than any other, and I love that. I hope it doesn’t affect the numbers, but if it does, I’m still very proud of it. I wouldn’t change it for anything,” she said.
The season 5 premiere drew more than 2 million viewers, earning a 1.3 rating among the coveted 18-49 age group. That’s a decline from the season 4 premiere, which attracted 3.7 million viewers, says VH1.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Overcoming Dating Burnout: How to Thrive in the Deprived Dating Scene
- Daddy & Daughter Release Book for Brooklyn, NYC Tourists
- THE (07-01-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Nia Long on ‘Boyz n the Hood’ 25th Anniversary & Becoming an Oscar Voter (WATCH)
- Birdman: 'I Got A Million Dollars Under My Mattress'
- #DeyaDoesEssence! Meet Me in the Big Easy!
- Stacey Dash Filed for Bankruptcy in 2004, Had $7 in Bank Before Fiance’s Handouts
- Racist Woman to Reporter: ‘Get the F*ck Out of Here, You Stupid F*cking N*gger’ (WATCH)
- Damon Dash Explains Issue with BeyHive Harassing His Daughters
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here