*Despite the criticism Shaunie O’Neal has faced for her show’s depiction of minority women, she is still looking to expand the brand.
“I would love to add another city,” said the “Basketball Wives” creator and Executive Producer whose successful VH1 series now tapes in Miami and L.A.
“We have definitely talked about adding another city or maybe even two,” she recently told Ebony magazine.
The shows have been the objects of criticism and even a few boycotts, but Shaunie says the ratings speak for themselves and that people are still tuning in.
“As much as people complain, the numbers seem to show that they like it. It is what it is. I’m proud of this season more than any other, and I love that. I hope it doesn’t affect the numbers, but if it does, I’m still very proud of it. I wouldn’t change it for anything,” she said.
The season 5 premiere drew more than 2 million viewers, earning a 1.3 rating among the coveted 18-49 age group. That’s a decline from the season 4 premiere, which attracted 3.7 million viewers, says VH1.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (02-12-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Public Invited to Watch Kendrick Lamar Receive Key to the City of Compton
- Why Are (White) People Suddenly Afraid of Beyonce's Black Pride?
- Jada Pinkett-Smith Addresses Idris Elba's 'Beasts' Oscar Snub
- Aaron Neville Brings His Quintet to Santa Monica ... and Shares His 'True Story' With EURweb
- For My Animal Loving Friends, Check Out This Unlikely Pair! (Watch)
- Toronto Councillor Want Beyonce Investigated for Black Panther Ties
- He Used to Walk 21-Miles to Work, Now He Drives & is Overweight
- Malcolm Jamal Warner on Ride-Or-Die Friendship Between OJ and AC (Exclusive)
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here