*Despite the criticism Shaunie O’Neal has faced for her show’s depiction of minority women, she is still looking to expand the brand.
“I would love to add another city,” said the “Basketball Wives” creator and Executive Producer whose successful VH1 series now tapes in Miami and L.A.
“We have definitely talked about adding another city or maybe even two,” she recently told Ebony magazine.
The shows have been the objects of criticism and even a few boycotts, but Shaunie says the ratings speak for themselves and that people are still tuning in.
“As much as people complain, the numbers seem to show that they like it. It is what it is. I’m proud of this season more than any other, and I love that. I hope it doesn’t affect the numbers, but if it does, I’m still very proud of it. I wouldn’t change it for anything,” she said.
The season 5 premiere drew more than 2 million viewers, earning a 1.3 rating among the coveted 18-49 age group. That’s a decline from the season 4 premiere, which attracted 3.7 million viewers, says VH1.
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- (The Black Hat) Serena Williams is a Winner, Not a Cover Girl
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'The Martian': 'Love Letter to Science' -- Matt Damon
- The Film Strip: New York Comic Con Tickets Going Fast
- 'Django Unchained' Actress Daniele Watts & Boyfriend Sentenced
- Shocking! How BGF Members Made $20K a Month in Jail
- Piano Man: Tyler Perry Buys Nat King Cole's Steinway for $150k
- Trump Dismisses Ramos, 2 Reporters Murdered in Virginia, Serena Williams New Boo | BHL's This Week
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here