*Jason Whitlock is leaving Fox Sports to return to ESPN, sources confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter.
“Jason Whitlock’s agreement is not signed, but we are pleased to be headed toward a multi-platform deal with him,” an ESPN spokesperson told THR.
The columnist had been writing for Fox Sports since 2006 and hosted his “Real Talk” podcast for Fox Sport Radio. He previously wrote for ESPN’s Page 2. The timing of the hire arrives just prior to the Aug. 17 launch of Fox Sports 1, the national sports news network that aims to compete with ESPN.
“Today is my last day at Fox Sports. I want to thank David Hill and people at Fox for six great years of support. They allowed me to grow,” Whitlock tweeted, also teasing an announcement set for next Tuesday. “And they stood by me during my Jeremy Lin meltdown. I wish Fox Sports 1 a successful launch. Good group of hardworking people deserve success.”
While Fox Sports 1 has staffed up with the likes of Regis Philbin and Canada’s Sportscenter hosts Jay Onrait and Dan O’Toole, ESPN has been aggressive in enlisting well-known names like FiveThirtyEight statistician Nate Silver and former SportsCenter host Keith Olbermann to bolster its line-up.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here