*Jason Whitlock is leaving Fox Sports to return to ESPN, sources confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter.
“Jason Whitlock’s agreement is not signed, but we are pleased to be headed toward a multi-platform deal with him,” an ESPN spokesperson told THR.
The columnist had been writing for Fox Sports since 2006 and hosted his “Real Talk” podcast for Fox Sport Radio. He previously wrote for ESPN’s Page 2. The timing of the hire arrives just prior to the Aug. 17 launch of Fox Sports 1, the national sports news network that aims to compete with ESPN.
“Today is my last day at Fox Sports. I want to thank David Hill and people at Fox for six great years of support. They allowed me to grow,” Whitlock tweeted, also teasing an announcement set for next Tuesday. “And they stood by me during my Jeremy Lin meltdown. I wish Fox Sports 1 a successful launch. Good group of hardworking people deserve success.”
While Fox Sports 1 has staffed up with the likes of Regis Philbin and Canada’s Sportscenter hosts Jay Onrait and Dan O’Toole, ESPN has been aggressive in enlisting well-known names like FiveThirtyEight statistician Nate Silver and former SportsCenter host Keith Olbermann to bolster its line-up.
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here