*On Tuesday Rev. Jesse Jackson said in an interview that Republicans have been pushing the race button in policy and politics.
Jackson feels the Republicans are no better than redneck racist throwbacks from the Civil War era.
“The tea party is the resurrection of the Confederacy,” he said, in an interview with Politico. “It’s the Fort Sumter tea party.”
He also feels the GOP is “absolutely” using race as a way to oppose President Obama and White House police proposals.
Jackson has definitely been making a plethora of public remarks that have been captured by the press.
He took to his Twitter account about a week ago to post about the murder of Australian Christopher Lane, in Oklahoma on a college baseball scholarship: “This senseless violence is frowned upon.”
Many of his readers called his words “frowned upon” a tactless understatement. Afterwards Jackson posted again only to get the victim name wrong calling him Christopher Lee.
Again, readers reacted with anger, calling on Jackson in responding tweets to “get it right.”
- Shaq Doubles Down on Pippen: ‘I Don’t Let Bums Disrespect Me’
- Judge Tosses Orlando Scandrick’s Restraining Order Against Draya
- Second Suspect in 10 Days Dies in Custody of Houston Police
- Tom Joyner' Cruise Supports Students Featured on Hollywood Divas Season 2
- Azealia Banks Angers Australia by Calling Crowds ‘Belligerent’
- Report: Tom Brady Destroyed Cell Phone; NFL Suspension to be Upheld
- Bobbi Kristina's Body Released for Burial
- Rashida Jones Dropped Robin Thicke for Al B. Sure in Junior High
- TV Land’s ‘Soul Man’ Renewed for Fifth and Final Season
- Nick Gordon Has ‘Suffered Greatly’ Over Bobbi Kristina, Says His Mom
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here