*On Tuesday Rev. Jesse Jackson said in an interview that Republicans have been pushing the race button in policy and politics.
Jackson feels the Republicans are no better than redneck racist throwbacks from the Civil War era.
“The tea party is the resurrection of the Confederacy,” he said, in an interview with Politico. “It’s the Fort Sumter tea party.”
He also feels the GOP is “absolutely” using race as a way to oppose President Obama and White House police proposals.
Jackson has definitely been making a plethora of public remarks that have been captured by the press.
He took to his Twitter account about a week ago to post about the murder of Australian Christopher Lane, in Oklahoma on a college baseball scholarship: “This senseless violence is frowned upon.”
Many of his readers called his words “frowned upon” a tactless understatement. Afterwards Jackson posted again only to get the victim name wrong calling him Christopher Lee.
Again, readers reacted with anger, calling on Jackson in responding tweets to “get it right.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Iyanla Vanzant Interview | Black Hollywood Lives' Conversations (Watch)
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Karrueche Says Career Suffering Because Of Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- #BlackTwitter Comes for Piers Morgan Over ‘I Love My Whiteness’
- Matt Barnes: I Was Checking On My Kids, Not Confronting Derek Fisher
- Ben Carson Now Blaming the Holocaust on Gun Control (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here