*On Tuesday Rev. Jesse Jackson said in an interview that Republicans have been pushing the race button in policy and politics.
Jackson feels the Republicans are no better than redneck racist throwbacks from the Civil War era.
“The tea party is the resurrection of the Confederacy,” he said, in an interview with Politico. “It’s the Fort Sumter tea party.”
He also feels the GOP is “absolutely” using race as a way to oppose President Obama and White House police proposals.
Jackson has definitely been making a plethora of public remarks that have been captured by the press.
He took to his Twitter account about a week ago to post about the murder of Australian Christopher Lane, in Oklahoma on a college baseball scholarship: “This senseless violence is frowned upon.”
Many of his readers called his words “frowned upon” a tactless understatement. Afterwards Jackson posted again only to get the victim name wrong calling him Christopher Lee.
Again, readers reacted with anger, calling on Jackson in responding tweets to “get it right.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Oh God: Johnny Depp Nails 'The Donald' in Funny or Die Video (Look!)
- Will Smith Calls Son Jayden 'Fearless' for Rockin' Women's Clothes
- Lakatriona Brunson: Florida’s First Female Head Football Coach
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Ciara Cheered, Russell Wilson Booed at Knicks Game
- BET Names Brie Miranda Bryant SVP of Unscripted Programming
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here