*On Tuesday Rev. Jesse Jackson said in an interview that Republicans have been pushing the race button in policy and politics.
Jackson feels the Republicans are no better than redneck racist throwbacks from the Civil War era.
“The tea party is the resurrection of the Confederacy,” he said, in an interview with Politico. “It’s the Fort Sumter tea party.”
He also feels the GOP is “absolutely” using race as a way to oppose President Obama and White House police proposals.
Jackson has definitely been making a plethora of public remarks that have been captured by the press.
He took to his Twitter account about a week ago to post about the murder of Australian Christopher Lane, in Oklahoma on a college baseball scholarship: “This senseless violence is frowned upon.”
Many of his readers called his words “frowned upon” a tactless understatement. Afterwards Jackson posted again only to get the victim name wrong calling him Christopher Lee.
Again, readers reacted with anger, calling on Jackson in responding tweets to “get it right.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Remodeling Your Home: The Risks You Need to Know
- THE (05-02-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- OMG! Did Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, Really Respond to My Friendly 'Hello?'
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Pays Tribute to Iconic Artist Prince
- Kelly Rowland's New Music Series Has Her Missing Destiny’s Child
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Ni*ga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here