*So now that Jesse Jackson Jr. knows he’s headed to lockdown for illegally spending $750,000 in campaign funds, he has made it clear where he would prefer to serve his time.
The former Illinois congressman’s sentencing is scheduled for today, Wednesday, and his lawyers will request that he be placed in an Alabama prison camp or one in North Carolina.
On Monday, Jackson’s lawyers stated in their court filing the Illinois Democrat went to college in North Carolina and has significant ties to the area, which “he believes will aid his rehabilitation during any term of incarceration.”
Federal prosecutors have recommended four years in prison for Jackson. The government suggests an 18-month sentence for Jackson’s wife. Sandra Jackson pleaded guilty to filing false joint federal income tax returns.
We’ll see if Jackson gets his Noth Carolina or Alabama wish; the U.S. Bureau of Prisons will decide where he will be incarcerated.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Music Exec Salutes Billy Paul & Luther Vandross
- Before Muhammad Ali's Death, Son Says 'Evil Stepmom' Kept Him Prisoner
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young Because He Impregnated His Ex
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here