*So now that Jesse Jackson Jr. knows he’s headed to lockdown for illegally spending $750,000 in campaign funds, he has made it clear where he would prefer to serve his time.
The former Illinois congressman’s sentencing is scheduled for today, Wednesday, and his lawyers will request that he be placed in an Alabama prison camp or one in North Carolina.
On Monday, Jackson’s lawyers stated in their court filing the Illinois Democrat went to college in North Carolina and has significant ties to the area, which “he believes will aid his rehabilitation during any term of incarceration.”
Federal prosecutors have recommended four years in prison for Jackson. The government suggests an 18-month sentence for Jackson’s wife. Sandra Jackson pleaded guilty to filing false joint federal income tax returns.
We’ll see if Jackson gets his Noth Carolina or Alabama wish; the U.S. Bureau of Prisons will decide where he will be incarcerated.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Patti LaBelle, Quentin Tarantino + More on 'The Big Interview'
- 18,500 Parents, Students, and Educators Rally to Demand End to 'Tale of Two School Systems' in New York City [PHOTOS]
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Universal Pictures’ Steve Jobs is a Brilliant Look into a Genius' Mind
- Raven Symone Hates Ethnic Names, Nicki Minaj Beef, Kardashian's Named 1st Family | BHL's This Week
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here