*So now that Jesse Jackson Jr. knows he’s headed to lockdown for illegally spending $750,000 in campaign funds, he has made it clear where he would prefer to serve his time.
The former Illinois congressman’s sentencing is scheduled for today, Wednesday, and his lawyers will request that he be placed in an Alabama prison camp or one in North Carolina.
On Monday, Jackson’s lawyers stated in their court filing the Illinois Democrat went to college in North Carolina and has significant ties to the area, which “he believes will aid his rehabilitation during any term of incarceration.”
Federal prosecutors have recommended four years in prison for Jackson. The government suggests an 18-month sentence for Jackson’s wife. Sandra Jackson pleaded guilty to filing false joint federal income tax returns.
We’ll see if Jackson gets his Noth Carolina or Alabama wish; the U.S. Bureau of Prisons will decide where he will be incarcerated.
- Brown Family Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice (Report)
- Bobby Brown Vows 'Justice' Over Bobbi Kristina’s Leaked Hospice Pic (Watch)
- Serena Beats Sister Venus, Advances to Wimbledon Quarterfinals
- Misty Copeland to Make Broadway Debut in ‘On the Town’
- WATCH: Bruno Mars and the Obamas Jam to 'Uptown Funk' on July 4th at the White House
- Amari Brown, 7, Shot and Killed While Watching 4th of July Fireworks!
- DeVon Franklin Answers Critics of Wife Megan Good’s Sexy Clothes
- 'Empire' Star Jussie Smollett Honored by Black AIDS Institute (WATCH)
- Donny Osmond on Singing with Janet Jackson and Stevie Wonder
- Malia Obama Joins HBO's ‘Girls’ with Summer Internship
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here