*So now that Jesse Jackson Jr. knows he’s headed to lockdown for illegally spending $750,000 in campaign funds, he has made it clear where he would prefer to serve his time.
The former Illinois congressman’s sentencing is scheduled for today, Wednesday, and his lawyers will request that he be placed in an Alabama prison camp or one in North Carolina.
On Monday, Jackson’s lawyers stated in their court filing the Illinois Democrat went to college in North Carolina and has significant ties to the area, which “he believes will aid his rehabilitation during any term of incarceration.”
Federal prosecutors have recommended four years in prison for Jackson. The government suggests an 18-month sentence for Jackson’s wife. Sandra Jackson pleaded guilty to filing false joint federal income tax returns.
We’ll see if Jackson gets his Noth Carolina or Alabama wish; the U.S. Bureau of Prisons will decide where he will be incarcerated.
- LISTEN to Newcomer Babs Savage's New Hit 'La La' - A Unique Twist on the Delfonic's Classic
- #AaliyahForMAC: Aaliyah Fans Start Petition for MAC Line
- Naomi Campbell Convicted of Assault By Italian Court
- Whites Burst into Black Girl's Birthday Party Holding Confed Flags (Watch)
- Ice & Coco Expecting Baby Girl, Talk is Key to a Successful Marriage (VIDEO)
- Thursday's First Republican Debate Line Up Released
- Joe Jackson Out of the Hospital After Stroke
- Woman Sues Lee Daniels for $300M Claiming She Inspired Cookie Role
- Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral, Nick Gordon Mourns on Beach
- Jadeveon Clowney’s Dad Charged with Attempted Murder
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here