*So now that Jesse Jackson Jr. knows he’s headed to lockdown for illegally spending $750,000 in campaign funds, he has made it clear where he would prefer to serve his time.
The former Illinois congressman’s sentencing is scheduled for today, Wednesday, and his lawyers will request that he be placed in an Alabama prison camp or one in North Carolina.
On Monday, Jackson’s lawyers stated in their court filing the Illinois Democrat went to college in North Carolina and has significant ties to the area, which “he believes will aid his rehabilitation during any term of incarceration.”
Federal prosecutors have recommended four years in prison for Jackson. The government suggests an 18-month sentence for Jackson’s wife. Sandra Jackson pleaded guilty to filing false joint federal income tax returns.
We’ll see if Jackson gets his Noth Carolina or Alabama wish; the U.S. Bureau of Prisons will decide where he will be incarcerated.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep9) Sinned Against
- Jason Kidd Suspended for Slapping Ball Out of Ref’s Hand (Watch)
- Mariah Carey, Ex-Husband Nick Cannon Spend Thanksgiving Together
- Siri Gives Taraji P. Henson Attitude in New Apple Music Ad
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here