Gill is claiming the hotel didn’t intervene when a drunk white man hurled racial insults at him and beat him so badly he was unable to perform.
Whaaaat?! Where was his buddy, Barry Bonds? Or Eddie Murphy? Anyway, we digress.
Specifically, the assault happened 2 years ago at the Four Seasons on Doheny Drive in Beverly Hills on Aug. 23, 2011, Gill, 47, is claiming in his suit.
So why is he just now suing? (We digress again)
“Plaintiff was seated at the patio area of the dining/cocktail area with friends,” the complaint states.
“At approximately 11 p.m. on said date, another guest who was obviously very inebriated sitting at another table in the patio area, without provocation hurled racially charged remarks at plaintiff.
“Plaintiff is African American and this individual who uttered these racially charged negatives remarks was Caucasian.
“Plaintiff objected to these unsolicited remarks and when he did so, this individual pushed plaintiff with such force and intensity that plaintiff was thrust up against a heating lamp causing great bodily injury with resulting pain and suffering, major medical expenses and loss of earnings as plaintiff was unable to perform as an entertainer, plaintiff’s extremely successful and lucrative chosen profession for over 20 years.
“At no time did defendant’s security employees, staff or representative offer any assistance to plaintiff nor did any such intervene to protect plaintiff, prevent the individual from becoming inebriated and thus behaving in an unruly manner the result of which was the assault that was committed on plaintiff and the resulting injuries to plaintiff.”
Johnny Gill is seeking $1 million in damages for negligence, failure to intervene, failure to exercise reasonable care, pain and suffering and medical expenses. He is represented by attorney Michael Shapiro.
- Kim Kimble, Celebrity Hairstylist Panelists at Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo~Aug 1&2@The Reef
- THE (07-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Black Comedienne to Compete on New Season of 'Last Comic Standing' (WATCH)
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- REPORT: Congressman Chaka Fattah (Dem/PA) Indicted in Racketeering Case
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here