*Kanye West will perform his single “BLKKK SKKKN HEAD” at the “2013 MTV Video Music Awards” and simultaneously enter history books by tying Madonna as the artist with the most VMA performances.
The announcement was made today from the iconic Brooklyn Bridge and shared across MTV’s social channels on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Vine.
Both West and Madonna have notched performances at seven separate VMAs.
Among West’s VMA performances, the first look at “Watch The Throne,” which would become the highest grossing tour in hip-hop history; “Otis,” with Jay Z in 2011; “Runaway” in 2010; his performance debut with auto-tune on “Love Lockdown” in 2008, the Daft Punk-sampling “Stronger” and “Good Life” with T-Pain in 2007; the mega-hit “Gold Digger” featuring Jamie Foxx in 2005, and his VMA debut performance with a medley of “Jesus Walks/All Falls Down/Through The Wire” featuring Chaka Khan in 2004.
West joins previously announced VMA performer Lady Gaga, who will perform the new single from her highly anticipated upcoming fourth studio album, “ARTPOP.” Additional 2013 “MTV Video Music Awards” performers will be announced at a later date.
Justin Timberlake and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis lead this year’s VMA pack with six overall nominations each. Timberlake’s nominations include “Video of the Year,” “Best Male Video,” “Best Pop Video” and “Best Editing” for “Mirrors,” while his “Suit & Tie” featuring Jay Z, scored nods for “Best Collaboration,” and “Best Direction.” Previously, Timberlake has taken home seven “Video Music Awards,” including “Best Pop Video” for “Cry Me a River.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Here’s why the Alleged Planned Parenthood Killer Isn’t called a Domestic Terrorist
- Pilar Sanders Will Have to Pay Deion Sanders $2.2M and Go Back to Jail
- Police Erased Video of CLaquan McDonald Shooting: Burger King Manager
- Phaedra Blogs Support for Cynthia and Peter During Marital Drama
- Tyra Banks Not Feuding with Chrissy Teigen, Chooses Beauty Brand Over 'FABLife'
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here