*Kanye West will perform his single “BLKKK SKKKN HEAD” at the “2013 MTV Video Music Awards” and simultaneously enter history books by tying Madonna as the artist with the most VMA performances.
The announcement was made today from the iconic Brooklyn Bridge and shared across MTV’s social channels on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Vine.
Both West and Madonna have notched performances at seven separate VMAs.
Among West’s VMA performances, the first look at “Watch The Throne,” which would become the highest grossing tour in hip-hop history; “Otis,” with Jay Z in 2011; “Runaway” in 2010; his performance debut with auto-tune on “Love Lockdown” in 2008, the Daft Punk-sampling “Stronger” and “Good Life” with T-Pain in 2007; the mega-hit “Gold Digger” featuring Jamie Foxx in 2005, and his VMA debut performance with a medley of “Jesus Walks/All Falls Down/Through The Wire” featuring Chaka Khan in 2004.
West joins previously announced VMA performer Lady Gaga, who will perform the new single from her highly anticipated upcoming fourth studio album, “ARTPOP.” Additional 2013 “MTV Video Music Awards” performers will be announced at a later date.
Justin Timberlake and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis lead this year’s VMA pack with six overall nominations each. Timberlake’s nominations include “Video of the Year,” “Best Male Video,” “Best Pop Video” and “Best Editing” for “Mirrors,” while his “Suit & Tie” featuring Jay Z, scored nods for “Best Collaboration,” and “Best Direction.” Previously, Timberlake has taken home seven “Video Music Awards,” including “Best Pop Video” for “Cry Me a River.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Be Someone Partners W/ Police for Brains Before Bullets
- THE (06-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Music Exec Salutes Billy Paul & Luther Vandross
- Before Muhammad Ali's Death, Son Says 'Evil Stepmom' Kept Him Prisoner
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young Because He Impregnated His Ex
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here