*A source tells US Weekly that Kanye West has turned down an invitation to be a judge on the next season of Fox’s “American Idol.” According to the report, the rapper feels the gig will ruin his reputation.
“He didn’t want to go that mainstream,” the source tells US. “He didn’t want to lose any street cred. So he turned it down.” The insider also shared that “Idol” producers also offered the job to three other stars of the music industry, Will.i.am, Sean “diddy” Combs, and Rodney Jerkins.
As Us Weekly exclusively reported last week that music’s Dr. Luke is currently in talks to become the third judge on the FOX reality competition. He would join previously announced panelists Keith Urban and Jennifer Lopez.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Birdman on 'Respek' Trending & Confronting The Breakfast Club
- Report Says Percocet Found in Prince's System
- Rappers Arrested for Credit Card Fraud after Rapping about Crimes in Songs
- L. A. City Hall Salutes 'Prince' on Friday, May 6, (Open to Public FREE)
- Alicia Keys Drops New Single - Ellen's $10,000 Gift to Dance Crew (WATCH)
- Prince’s ‘Kiss’ Performed Randomly on Subway Just Days Before He Died (Watch)
- Behind the Scenes of Janet Jackson’s New Video for ‘Dammn Baby’ (Watch)
- #AirbnbWhileBlack Exposes Racism Faced by Black Renters
- ‘Dear White People’ to Become a Netflix Series
- Trump Tweets Pic of Himself Eating Taco for Cinco de Mayo; Writes ‘I Love Hispanics!’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here