*Fox’s upcoming “Brooklyn Nine-Nine,” which executive producers have labeled “Barney Miller” meets “The Wire,” has booked a guest appearance from rapper-actor Kid Cudi (aka Scott Mescudi).
Andre Braugher co-stars on the freshman comedy from “Parks and Recreation” duo Mike Schur and Dan Goor. It follows a diverse group of detectives at a New York precinct. Cudi will play Dustin Whitman, an ex-con that Jake (Andy Samberg) is convinced robbed a jewelry store. He’s slated to appear in the third episode of the season.
Producers noted during their time at the Television Critics Association’s recent summer press tour that Brooklyn lends itself to high-profile comedy guest stars, with Cudi becoming the latest to nab a role on the series. (“SNL’s” Fred Armisen appears briefly in the pilot.)
Cudi’s small-screen credits include “How to Make It in America” and “The Cleveland Show.”
“Brooklyn Nine-Nine” premieres Sept. 17 on Fox.
- 'Straight Outta Compton' Cast Talks' Straight Outta Compton' (Watch)
- Karen Clark Sheard Drops Highly Anticipated New Release 'Destined to Win'
- THE (08-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Raynette Turner's Death Leads to Probe by State Appointed Special Prosecutor
- Snoop Dogg Has Over $200K Seized at Italian Airport
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Melba Moore Defends Bill Cosby: 'Nobody's Perfect' (WATCH)
- Bobby Brown's Wife Alicia Etheredge Suffers Seizure After Funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here