*Fox’s upcoming “Brooklyn Nine-Nine,” which executive producers have labeled “Barney Miller” meets “The Wire,” has booked a guest appearance from rapper-actor Kid Cudi (aka Scott Mescudi).
Andre Braugher co-stars on the freshman comedy from “Parks and Recreation” duo Mike Schur and Dan Goor. It follows a diverse group of detectives at a New York precinct. Cudi will play Dustin Whitman, an ex-con that Jake (Andy Samberg) is convinced robbed a jewelry store. He’s slated to appear in the third episode of the season.
Producers noted during their time at the Television Critics Association’s recent summer press tour that Brooklyn lends itself to high-profile comedy guest stars, with Cudi becoming the latest to nab a role on the series. (“SNL’s” Fred Armisen appears briefly in the pilot.)
Cudi’s small-screen credits include “How to Make It in America” and “The Cleveland Show.”
“Brooklyn Nine-Nine” premieres Sept. 17 on Fox.
- Nick Cannon Weighs in on Mariah Carey and her New Man
- Jason Derulo Misjudged Potential of New Song ‘Want to Want Me’
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Emmitt Smith Backs Out of Judging Miss USA Pageant
- Serena, Venus Advance at Wimbledon, One Step Closer to Facing Each Other
- SF 49er RB Reggie Bush Puts MI Home on Market for $2.4M (Pics)
- NeNe Leakes, Betty White, Anthony Anderson Lead ABC’s ‘To Tell the Truth’ Reboot
- Easily Distracted? 5 Ways to Focus Better at the Office
- Urban Movie Channel Launches 'Fall Out Fridays' Comedy Specials
- Janet Jackson Launches New Unbreakable Diamonds Collection
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here