*Fox’s upcoming “Brooklyn Nine-Nine,” which executive producers have labeled “Barney Miller” meets “The Wire,” has booked a guest appearance from rapper-actor Kid Cudi (aka Scott Mescudi).
Andre Braugher co-stars on the freshman comedy from “Parks and Recreation” duo Mike Schur and Dan Goor. It follows a diverse group of detectives at a New York precinct. Cudi will play Dustin Whitman, an ex-con that Jake (Andy Samberg) is convinced robbed a jewelry store. He’s slated to appear in the third episode of the season.
Producers noted during their time at the Television Critics Association’s recent summer press tour that Brooklyn lends itself to high-profile comedy guest stars, with Cudi becoming the latest to nab a role on the series. (“SNL’s” Fred Armisen appears briefly in the pilot.)
Cudi’s small-screen credits include “How to Make It in America” and “The Cleveland Show.”
“Brooklyn Nine-Nine” premieres Sept. 17 on Fox.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Michael Jackson Called Prince 'One Of The Rudest People I Have Ever Met'
- Anthony Anderson Joins Queen Latifah-Produced Travel Series ‘The Best Place to Be’
- Al Qaeda to Lone Wolves in U.S.: Only Target Whites to Avoid ‘Hate Crime’ Label
- Baltimore Rapper Lor Scoota Fatally Shot Leaving ‘Peace in the Streets’ Charity Hoops Game
- Steve Harvey Speechless when Kellie Pickler Almost Falls Trying to Buzz In on ‘Family Feud’ (Watch)
- Suge Knight Sues Chris Brown over Miami Club Shooting
- Maya Angelou Doc ‘And Still I Rise’ Wins AFI Docs Audience Award (Watch a Clip)
- Toni Braxton and Birdman Cozy at the 2016 BET Awards
- Lil Wayne Wanted for Questioning in Scuffle at BET Awards After-Party
- Usher No Likey The Donald: Wears ‘Don’t Trump America’ Jacket
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here