*Fox’s upcoming “Brooklyn Nine-Nine,” which executive producers have labeled “Barney Miller” meets “The Wire,” has booked a guest appearance from rapper-actor Kid Cudi (aka Scott Mescudi).
Andre Braugher co-stars on the freshman comedy from “Parks and Recreation” duo Mike Schur and Dan Goor. It follows a diverse group of detectives at a New York precinct. Cudi will play Dustin Whitman, an ex-con that Jake (Andy Samberg) is convinced robbed a jewelry store. He’s slated to appear in the third episode of the season.
Producers noted during their time at the Television Critics Association’s recent summer press tour that Brooklyn lends itself to high-profile comedy guest stars, with Cudi becoming the latest to nab a role on the series. (“SNL’s” Fred Armisen appears briefly in the pilot.)
Cudi’s small-screen credits include “How to Make It in America” and “The Cleveland Show.”
“Brooklyn Nine-Nine” premieres Sept. 17 on Fox.
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Wendy Williams ‘Disappointed’ in Nicki Minaj Checking Miley Cyrus (Watch)
- Deborah Cox Joins Off-Broadway Play about Transgender Identity
- Farrah Franklin (Destiny's Child) Officially Debuts with Sexy New Single: 'Magic and Makeup'
- Black Family Says They Received Racist Threats During Camping Trip
- Prosecutors to Seek Death Penalty for Charleston Church Shooter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here