*Fox’s upcoming “Brooklyn Nine-Nine,” which executive producers have labeled “Barney Miller” meets “The Wire,” has booked a guest appearance from rapper-actor Kid Cudi (aka Scott Mescudi).
Andre Braugher co-stars on the freshman comedy from “Parks and Recreation” duo Mike Schur and Dan Goor. It follows a diverse group of detectives at a New York precinct. Cudi will play Dustin Whitman, an ex-con that Jake (Andy Samberg) is convinced robbed a jewelry store. He’s slated to appear in the third episode of the season.
Producers noted during their time at the Television Critics Association’s recent summer press tour that Brooklyn lends itself to high-profile comedy guest stars, with Cudi becoming the latest to nab a role on the series. (“SNL’s” Fred Armisen appears briefly in the pilot.)
Cudi’s small-screen credits include “How to Make It in America” and “The Cleveland Show.”
“Brooklyn Nine-Nine” premieres Sept. 17 on Fox.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Watch: The 'Steve Jobs' Trailer
- THE (10-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Chris Bosh & Rasheeda Appear on Tonight's 'ROSEWOOD' on FOX (Video)
- BHERC Presents 'Reel Black Men' Short Film Festival on October 24
- Lil Wayne Says Birdman Stiffed Drake, Nicki Minaj Out of Money
- Cosmo Blasted for Declaring Kardashians 'America's First Family'
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here