*NBC’s “Law & Order: Special Victim Unit” has been known to base their episodes on current events.
Earlier this year they had one inspired by Chris Brown and Rihanna’s highly publicized 2009 domestic dispute, and now it will highlight Trayvon Martin’s story.
The NY Daily News reports actors Jeffrey Tambor and Cybill Shepherd (pictured above) were seen in New York City on Tuesday filming a scene from an upcoming episode of “Law & Order: SVU” inspired by Martin’s case.
Shepherd plays a George Zimmerman-like vigilante character who has apparently killed a black teen named Mehcad. Tambor is cast as her lawyer.
The scene shows Shepherd, Tambor and the legal being mobbed my by reporters and angry protestors with signs, much like those seen in rallies held in Martin’s honor last year, as they exit the court.
Most recently the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence released an online video ad, reenacting the night Travyon Martin was killed in an effort to stop “Stand Your Ground” laws nationwide.
The Trayvon Martin inspired “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit”episode is scheduled to air in October.
- Angela Carr Patterson/The Issues of Fatherless Daughters: The Stakes are Too High
- Andre Royo Talks Reunion with ‘Wire’ Co-Stars for Baltimore's ‘Wired Up’
- Toure Fired By MSNBC; Returns to Twitter after Yearlong Hiatus
- Happy Birthday Mr. President! Today is Barack Obama's 54th B-day
- Brandon Boykin Fires Latest Racism Claim at Eagles Coach Chip Kelly
- Steven Ivory: How to Survive a Break Up
- Donald Trump: Obama Blew it for Future Black President Hopefuls
- 50 Cent’s Bankruptcy Statement Includes 7 Cars Valued at Half Mil
- Drake Uses PowerPoint Presentation to Roast Meek Mill in Concert
- Darren Wilson Opens Up A Year After His Killing of Mike Brown
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here