*NBC’s “Law & Order: Special Victim Unit” has been known to base their episodes on current events.
Earlier this year they had one inspired by Chris Brown and Rihanna’s highly publicized 2009 domestic dispute, and now it will highlight Trayvon Martin’s story.
The NY Daily News reports actors Jeffrey Tambor and Cybill Shepherd (pictured above) were seen in New York City on Tuesday filming a scene from an upcoming episode of “Law & Order: SVU” inspired by Martin’s case.
Shepherd plays a George Zimmerman-like vigilante character who has apparently killed a black teen named Mehcad. Tambor is cast as her lawyer.
The scene shows Shepherd, Tambor and the legal being mobbed my by reporters and angry protestors with signs, much like those seen in rallies held in Martin’s honor last year, as they exit the court.
Most recently the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence released an online video ad, reenacting the night Travyon Martin was killed in an effort to stop “Stand Your Ground” laws nationwide.
The Trayvon Martin inspired “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit”episode is scheduled to air in October.
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here