*NBC’s “Law & Order: Special Victim Unit” has been known to base their episodes on current events.
Earlier this year they had one inspired by Chris Brown and Rihanna’s highly publicized 2009 domestic dispute, and now it will highlight Trayvon Martin’s story.
The NY Daily News reports actors Jeffrey Tambor and Cybill Shepherd (pictured above) were seen in New York City on Tuesday filming a scene from an upcoming episode of “Law & Order: SVU” inspired by Martin’s case.
Shepherd plays a George Zimmerman-like vigilante character who has apparently killed a black teen named Mehcad. Tambor is cast as her lawyer.
The scene shows Shepherd, Tambor and the legal being mobbed my by reporters and angry protestors with signs, much like those seen in rallies held in Martin’s honor last year, as they exit the court.
Most recently the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence released an online video ad, reenacting the night Travyon Martin was killed in an effort to stop “Stand Your Ground” laws nationwide.
The Trayvon Martin inspired “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit”episode is scheduled to air in October.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- It’s ‘Very Difficult’ for Black Staffers at Fox News - Former NABJ President
- Tracy 'T-Mac' McGrady Launches Mobile HBCU Fundraising Campaign
- Wendy Williams Joins 'Salute Her' Honorees To Kick Off Circle of Sisters Weekend
- Ex-NFLer Warrick Dunn Has Now Gifted 145 Homes to Single Parents
- THE (10-09-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Iyanla Vanzant Interview | Black Hollywood Lives' Conversations (Watch)
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Karrueche Says Career Suffering Because Of Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here