*NBC’s “Law & Order: Special Victim Unit” has been known to base their episodes on current events.
Earlier this year they had one inspired by Chris Brown and Rihanna’s highly publicized 2009 domestic dispute, and now it will highlight Trayvon Martin’s story.
The NY Daily News reports actors Jeffrey Tambor and Cybill Shepherd (pictured above) were seen in New York City on Tuesday filming a scene from an upcoming episode of “Law & Order: SVU” inspired by Martin’s case.
Shepherd plays a George Zimmerman-like vigilante character who has apparently killed a black teen named Mehcad. Tambor is cast as her lawyer.
The scene shows Shepherd, Tambor and the legal being mobbed my by reporters and angry protestors with signs, much like those seen in rallies held in Martin’s honor last year, as they exit the court.
Most recently the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence released an online video ad, reenacting the night Travyon Martin was killed in an effort to stop “Stand Your Ground” laws nationwide.
The Trayvon Martin inspired “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit”episode is scheduled to air in October.
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Aretha Franklin Sues to Block ‘Amazing Grace’ Screening at Telluride
- Pitbull Announces Date of His ‘Empire’ Episode and Jussie Smollett Duet (Listen)
- Watch Chilling New Trailer for Idris Elba’s ‘Beasts of No Nation’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here