*LeBron James has made it official.
He is NOT going to run for the presidency of the National Basketball Players Association.
Earlier he had floated the idea of running for the position which came open when Derek Fisher’s term expired.
“It’s something I’m engaged in, understanding where our union is at right now. It’s not in a bright spot today with the departure of Billy Hunter and we’re looking for so many spots to be filled, so it’s something that I will look into,” James told FOX Sports’ Bill Reiter.
“The one thing that concerns me from a personal standpoint is my time. I don’t have a lot of time. … And if I feel like I can’t give everything to be the president of the union, then I will not do it because I’ll be cheating not only myself but cheating the 400-plus players and the people around that deserve to have someone who is fully committed.”
In other b-ball news, everybody is marveling at the fact that His Airness, Michal Jordan, at 50, has still got skillz.
If you missed it, over the weekend, he demonstrated that he can still fly high and deliver that dunk.
He showed it at his annual Michael Jordan Flight School camp at the University of California-Santa Barbara.
And as you’ll see below, it may not have been his patented, tongue-wagging, wind-up windmill move from back in the day, but he delivered … on a youngster who wasn’t putting up much in the way of defense. But hey, a dunk is dunk is dunk!
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep9) Sinned Against
- Jason Kidd Suspended for Slapping Ball Out of Ref’s Hand (Watch)
- Mariah Carey, Ex-Husband Nick Cannon Spend Thanksgiving Together
- Siri Gives Taraji P. Henson Attitude in New Apple Music Ad
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here