*Here’s a sentence you don’t read everyday: Actress Katie Holmes joined rocker Lenny Kravitz, Ellen Degeneres, former Secretary of State Colin Powell and more onstage for a grand finale at a fundraiser for the Apollo Theater thrown by businessman Ron Perelman.
Tom Cruise’s ex-wife was among guests at the event at Perelman’s home in the Hamptons, New York on Saturday, which was also attended by Billy Joel, Anjelica Huston, Howard Stern, and John McEnroe.
Stars including Jon Bon Jovi, Darlene Love, and Mary J. Blige performed during the evening, which was dubbed Apollo in the Hamptons: A Night of Legends, but it was during Kravitz’s headline set that the night took an odd turn, according to The New York Post.
Several guests including Holmes, DeGeneres, Jamie Foxx, Ciara, Pharrell Williams, and the Roots joined the rocker for a unique performance, which included a snippet of “Blurred Lines” by Robin Thicke.
Holmes later told friends, “I haven’t had such a good time in so long.”
The event reportedly raised more than $3 million for education and culture programs at New York’s Apollo Theater.
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Tiffany Pollard and Her Mother Set to Appear on VH1’s 'Family Therapy'
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Beverly Johnson: 'The Face That Changed It All' - EUR BOOK REVIEW
- Janelle Monáe & Wondaland Records Artists ‘Speak Up’ on #BlackLivesMatter
- #BlackLivesMatter Critic Peggy Hubbard Tells Activists to 'Bite Me'
- The Weeknd Covers Beyonce at Billboard Hot 100 Festival [Watch]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here