*Here’s a sentence you don’t read everyday: Actress Katie Holmes joined rocker Lenny Kravitz, Ellen Degeneres, former Secretary of State Colin Powell and more onstage for a grand finale at a fundraiser for the Apollo Theater thrown by businessman Ron Perelman.
Tom Cruise’s ex-wife was among guests at the event at Perelman’s home in the Hamptons, New York on Saturday, which was also attended by Billy Joel, Anjelica Huston, Howard Stern, and John McEnroe.
Stars including Jon Bon Jovi, Darlene Love, and Mary J. Blige performed during the evening, which was dubbed Apollo in the Hamptons: A Night of Legends, but it was during Kravitz’s headline set that the night took an odd turn, according to The New York Post.
Several guests including Holmes, DeGeneres, Jamie Foxx, Ciara, Pharrell Williams, and the Roots joined the rocker for a unique performance, which included a snippet of “Blurred Lines” by Robin Thicke.
Holmes later told friends, “I haven’t had such a good time in so long.”
The event reportedly raised more than $3 million for education and culture programs at New York’s Apollo Theater.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ashanti Produces New Film ('Mothers and Daughters') with Superstar Cast (Watch)
- Birdman on 'Respek' Trending & Confronting The Breakfast Club
- Report Says Percocet Found in Prince's System
- Rappers Arrested for Credit Card Fraud after Rapping about Crimes in Songs
- L. A. City Hall Salutes 'Prince' on Friday, May 6, (Open to Public FREE)
- Alicia Keys Drops New Single - Ellen's $10,000 Gift to Dance Crew (WATCH)
- Prince’s ‘Kiss’ Performed Randomly on Subway Just Days Before He Died (Watch)
- Behind the Scenes of Janet Jackson’s New Video for ‘Dammn Baby’ (Watch)
- #AirbnbWhileBlack Exposes Racism Faced by Black Renters
- ‘Dear White People’ to Become a Netflix Series
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here