*Here’s a sentence you don’t read everyday: Actress Katie Holmes joined rocker Lenny Kravitz, Ellen Degeneres, former Secretary of State Colin Powell and more onstage for a grand finale at a fundraiser for the Apollo Theater thrown by businessman Ron Perelman.
Tom Cruise’s ex-wife was among guests at the event at Perelman’s home in the Hamptons, New York on Saturday, which was also attended by Billy Joel, Anjelica Huston, Howard Stern, and John McEnroe.
Stars including Jon Bon Jovi, Darlene Love, and Mary J. Blige performed during the evening, which was dubbed Apollo in the Hamptons: A Night of Legends, but it was during Kravitz’s headline set that the night took an odd turn, according to The New York Post.
Several guests including Holmes, DeGeneres, Jamie Foxx, Ciara, Pharrell Williams, and the Roots joined the rocker for a unique performance, which included a snippet of “Blurred Lines” by Robin Thicke.
Holmes later told friends, “I haven’t had such a good time in so long.”
The event reportedly raised more than $3 million for education and culture programs at New York’s Apollo Theater.
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Russell Wilson, Ciara Practicing Abstinence: ‘I Need You to Pray for Us’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here