*Here’s a sentence you don’t read everyday: Actress Katie Holmes joined rocker Lenny Kravitz, Ellen Degeneres, former Secretary of State Colin Powell and more onstage for a grand finale at a fundraiser for the Apollo Theater thrown by businessman Ron Perelman.
Tom Cruise’s ex-wife was among guests at the event at Perelman’s home in the Hamptons, New York on Saturday, which was also attended by Billy Joel, Anjelica Huston, Howard Stern, and John McEnroe.
Stars including Jon Bon Jovi, Darlene Love, and Mary J. Blige performed during the evening, which was dubbed Apollo in the Hamptons: A Night of Legends, but it was during Kravitz’s headline set that the night took an odd turn, according to The New York Post.
Several guests including Holmes, DeGeneres, Jamie Foxx, Ciara, Pharrell Williams, and the Roots joined the rocker for a unique performance, which included a snippet of “Blurred Lines” by Robin Thicke.
Holmes later told friends, “I haven’t had such a good time in so long.”
The event reportedly raised more than $3 million for education and culture programs at New York’s Apollo Theater.
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here