*On his radio show Friday, Rush Limbaugh weighed in on Oprah Winfrey’s recent brush with discrimination, wondering if the clerk who turned away one of the richest women in the world was not being “racist” but instead just thought the media mogul was too “fat” to be shopping in her store.
Winfrey this week told “Entertainment Tonight” a story about how she believes she was discriminated against in a Switzerland shop. She said a clerk refused to show her a handbag, suggesting Winfrey would “not be able to afford” the $38,000 price tag. “I said, ‘OK, thank you so much, you’re probably right, I can’t afford it’ and walked out of the store. Now why did she do that?” Winfrey wondered.
After retelling the story to his radio listeners, Limbaugh said she’s looking at it all wrong. “If I were Oprah, I’d be so happy I could go someplace and not be recognized,” he said, adding, “we’ve all been insulted by retail people.” Limbaugh found it hard to believe that race played any factor in the incident, saying, “Maybe it’s because The Oprah’s fat!”
“Maybe the judgment that The Oprah couldn’t afford a $38,000 bag had nothing to do with her race, because aren’t the Swiss enlightened in that regard?” Limbaugh asked. “There isn’t any racism in Europe, right?”
Continuing down the path regarding Winfrey’s weight, Limbaugh asked, “Don’t most people think that the fat and the obese are poor and stupid? Where do you see fat people? You see them at places where things don’t cost very much.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here