*On his radio show Friday, Rush Limbaugh weighed in on Oprah Winfrey’s recent brush with discrimination, wondering if the clerk who turned away one of the richest women in the world was not being “racist” but instead just thought the media mogul was too “fat” to be shopping in her store.
Winfrey this week told “Entertainment Tonight” a story about how she believes she was discriminated against in a Switzerland shop. She said a clerk refused to show her a handbag, suggesting Winfrey would “not be able to afford” the $38,000 price tag. “I said, ‘OK, thank you so much, you’re probably right, I can’t afford it’ and walked out of the store. Now why did she do that?” Winfrey wondered.
After retelling the story to his radio listeners, Limbaugh said she’s looking at it all wrong. “If I were Oprah, I’d be so happy I could go someplace and not be recognized,” he said, adding, “we’ve all been insulted by retail people.” Limbaugh found it hard to believe that race played any factor in the incident, saying, “Maybe it’s because The Oprah’s fat!”
“Maybe the judgment that The Oprah couldn’t afford a $38,000 bag had nothing to do with her race, because aren’t the Swiss enlightened in that regard?” Limbaugh asked. “There isn’t any racism in Europe, right?”
Continuing down the path regarding Winfrey’s weight, Limbaugh asked, “Don’t most people think that the fat and the obese are poor and stupid? Where do you see fat people? You see them at places where things don’t cost very much.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Google Announces $250,000 in Grants for Flint, MI Water Crisis
- THE (05-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Johnny Gill Celebrates 50th and EUR was on the Scene (Video/Photos)
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce from Lamar Odom ... Again!
- Music Producer Jazze Pha Drowning In Debt, Files for Bankruptcy
- ADIFF Holds Black Film Series May 27-29 Featuring Films by Sidney Poitier & Charles Burnett
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here