*Hollywood is already hitching its wagon to the next star in the Democratic Party.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, an all-star group of Hollywood’s biggest Democratic fundraisers are gathering to raise money for the U.S. Senate race of Newark, New Jersey mayor Cory Booker.
Business tycoon Ron Burkle is set to host the Sept. 23 event, with tickets ranging from $1,000 to $10,000, at his house. Co-hosts for the evening affair include Matt Damon, Ben Affleck and his wife Jennifer Garner, Jerry Weintraub, JJ Abrams and wife Katie McGrath, Michael Eisner, Troy Carter, WME co-CEO Patrick Whitesell, talent agency head Bob Gersh, Disney exec Sean Bailey, Netflix’s Ted Sarandos and former US Ambassador Nicole Avant.
The gathering will mark the second major Hollywood fundraiser for Booker’s Senate bid.
Meanwhile, THR has learned that President Barack Obama’s Los Angeles fundraiser on September 9 is expected to raise at least $1.2 million for the Democratic National Committee. The event — which will be capped at 35 people — will include an informal Q & A session with the president at TV producer Marta Kauffman’s home in Hancock Park. Tickets for that gathering are $34,600 per person.
Hollywood is clearly ramping up its Democratic fundraising in advance of the crucial 2014 midterm elections, the results of which easily could determine the success or failure of Obama’s second term.
Booker already has emerged as the entertainment industry’s “it guy” for this election cycle. In April, Weintraub hosted a major fundraiser for Booker, bringing in an estimated $500,000 of the mayor’s Senate bid.
The Burkle/Damon fundraiser won’t be Booker’s last on the Westside before November 2014–nor Obama’s in LA.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince’s ‘Kiss’ Performed Randomly on Subway Just Days Before He Died (Watch)
- Behind the Scenes of Janet Jackson’s New Video for ‘Dammn Baby’ (Watch)
- #AirbnbWhileBlack Exposes Racism Faced by Black Renters
- ‘Dear White People’ to Become a Netflix Series
- Trump Tweets Pic of Himself Eating Taco for Cinco de Mayo; Writes ‘I Love Hispanics!’
- Whoopi Goldberg Ready to Leave ‘The View’?
- 50 Cent Donates $100,000 to Autism Speaks after Mocking Teen
- Genealogical Firm Vets Man Claiming to be Prince’s Biological Son
- Watch ‘Little Miss Flint’ Run Into President Obama’s Arms (Video)
- Paul McCartney Covers ‘Let’s Go Crazy’ During Minneapolis Concert (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here