Sources at the rally say several of the King siblings and grandchildren were on a charter bus leaving the rally and a van ran a red light, forcing the bus driver to hit the brakes of the Dodge vehicle hard. Omarosa Manigault was also on the bus with the family; and while she did hit her head on the seat in front of her, she’s okay.
MLK’s sister — Christine King Farris — was on the bus at the time of the accident. Earlier in the day, the 85-year-old placed a wreath on the MLK Jr. Memorial.
Farris was joined at the wreath ceremony by MLK’s daughter Bernice King.
We’re told Bernice was not on the bus at the time of the accident.
Omarosa tweeted after the crash — “Yikes just got banged up a lil bit on bus- I am ok! #HitMyHead ouch“
The bus driver was transported to a nearby hospital. Beyond that, there were no other injuries that we’re aware of.
- 'Straight Outta Compton' Cast Talks' Straight Outta Compton' (Watch)
- Karen Clark Sheard Drops Highly Anticipated New Release 'Destined to Win'
- THE (08-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Raynette Turner's Death Leads to Probe by State Appointed Special Prosecutor
- Snoop Dogg Has Over $200K Seized at Italian Airport
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Melba Moore Defends Bill Cosby: 'Nobody's Perfect' (WATCH)
- Bobby Brown's Wife Alicia Etheredge Suffers Seizure After Funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here