Sources at the rally say several of the King siblings and grandchildren were on a charter bus leaving the rally and a van ran a red light, forcing the bus driver to hit the brakes of the Dodge vehicle hard. Omarosa Manigault was also on the bus with the family; and while she did hit her head on the seat in front of her, she’s okay.
MLK’s sister — Christine King Farris — was on the bus at the time of the accident. Earlier in the day, the 85-year-old placed a wreath on the MLK Jr. Memorial.
Farris was joined at the wreath ceremony by MLK’s daughter Bernice King.
We’re told Bernice was not on the bus at the time of the accident.
Omarosa tweeted after the crash — “Yikes just got banged up a lil bit on bus- I am ok! #HitMyHead ouch“
The bus driver was transported to a nearby hospital. Beyond that, there were no other injuries that we’re aware of.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Google Announces $250,000 in Grants for Flint, MI Water Crisis
- THE (05-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Johnny Gill Celebrates 50th and EUR was on the Scene (Video/Photos)
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce from Lamar Odom ... Again!
- Music Producer Jazze Pha Drowning In Debt, Files for Bankruptcy
- ADIFF Holds Black Film Series May 27-29 Featuring Films by Sidney Poitier & Charles Burnett
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here