Sources at the rally say several of the King siblings and grandchildren were on a charter bus leaving the rally and a van ran a red light, forcing the bus driver to hit the brakes of the Dodge vehicle hard. Omarosa Manigault was also on the bus with the family; and while she did hit her head on the seat in front of her, she’s okay.
MLK’s sister — Christine King Farris — was on the bus at the time of the accident. Earlier in the day, the 85-year-old placed a wreath on the MLK Jr. Memorial.
Farris was joined at the wreath ceremony by MLK’s daughter Bernice King.
We’re told Bernice was not on the bus at the time of the accident.
Omarosa tweeted after the crash — “Yikes just got banged up a lil bit on bus- I am ok! #HitMyHead ouch“
The bus driver was transported to a nearby hospital. Beyond that, there were no other injuries that we’re aware of.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Saturday Bets Evens Action Between Broncos and Panthers in 'Vegas
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show, GoFundMe Controversy, Toyota Upcharges Minorities & More! | BHL's This Week
- Deion Sanders Pushes Josh Norman’s Buttons Re: Odell Beckham Jr. Incident
- Anthony Michael Hobbs’ 'One Nation' Screening at Bonita Springs Int'l Film Fest Feb.13
- Dencia Drags MLK into Skin Whitening War with LisaRaye (WATCH)
- Is Jada Pinkett Smith on Her Way Back to ‘Gotham’?
- Judge Gives 20 Min Speech to Racist Cop Caught Beating Unarmed Black Man (Watch)
- Kalenna, Star of 'Love and Hip Hop' to Mingle With Fans
- The Case of Bobbi Kristina Brown 'Still Open and Under Investigation'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here