Sources at the rally say several of the King siblings and grandchildren were on a charter bus leaving the rally and a van ran a red light, forcing the bus driver to hit the brakes of the Dodge vehicle hard. Omarosa Manigault was also on the bus with the family; and while she did hit her head on the seat in front of her, she’s okay.
MLK’s sister — Christine King Farris — was on the bus at the time of the accident. Earlier in the day, the 85-year-old placed a wreath on the MLK Jr. Memorial.
Farris was joined at the wreath ceremony by MLK’s daughter Bernice King.
We’re told Bernice was not on the bus at the time of the accident.
Omarosa tweeted after the crash — “Yikes just got banged up a lil bit on bus- I am ok! #HitMyHead ouch“
The bus driver was transported to a nearby hospital. Beyond that, there were no other injuries that we’re aware of.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- FBI: No Evidence Orlando Gunman Omar Mateen Was Gay
- Vince Wilfork: 'Big Boned' NFL Lineman Brings the Sexy to ESPN's 'Body Issue' (PHOTOS)
- Tina Lawson Explains Why Beyonce Hated Her Wedding Dress
- Ciara, Kim Kardashian, Chrissy Teigen Cameo in Fergie’s New ‘M.I.L.F. $’ Video (Watch)
- NFL’s Jason Pierre Paul Shows Blown Up Hand in New Firework Safety PSA (Watch)
- Fugitive Shanika Minor from FBI’s Most Wanted List Caught in North Carolina Motel
- Tavis Smiley: Prince ‘Locked Himself in his Bedroom for Days' After Michael Jackson Died (Watch)
- Gabby Douglas, Simone Biles Cover Teen Vogue, Talk Body Acceptance (Video)
- Obama’s Favorites: Kendrick Lamar, Janelle Monae Set for July 4 Event at White House
- Cops Help Toss Chris Brown From Ibiza Rental Trashed With Urine and Vomit
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here