*Can’t say that we’re a fan of this band’s kind of music, but we can’t help loving’ their name: Howard and the White Boys! Hence, we just have to show bro’ man Howard and his ” white boys” some love.
This past weekend H&TWB recorded their long-awaited new album (and follow-up to the critically-acclaimed “Made In Chicago”) at Rosas’ Lounge in Chicago, scheduled for a late-Summer release date. Read more about it here.
The veteran blues quartet continue to perform through out the U.S., bringing audiences to their feet and out onto the dance floor – much as they have done for over twenty years. Longtime band member Rocco Calipari has also branched out with his successful side project Head Honchos’, who have released a well-received debut CD and play regularly throughout the Midwest as well as the rest of the U.S. and Canada.
The members of Howard and the White Boys first met at Northern Illinois University in Dekalb in 1988 and began jamming together just for fun, but their fast-growing popularity soon convinced them they could make a career of it. After only a few months, they got their first big break by opening for Blues legend, B.B. King. The band soon made the move to Chicago and began performing with the biggest names in Blues: Koko Taylor, Albert King, Junior Wells, Lonnie Brooks, Luther Allison, Bo Diddley, and Chuck Berry (the latter whom they were the backing band for in a headlining capacity at the 2002 Long Beach Blues Festival in Long Beach, CA).
Get MORE info about Howard and the White Boys at: www.howardandthewhiteboys.net or their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Howard-And-The-WhiteBoys/314319525125?ref=ts&fref=ts
Watch the bands video for “Good Booty & BBQ”:
- Lee Daniels, L.A. Reid to Speak at Mariah Carey’s Hollywood Star Ceremony
- Chicago Police Tow Car With Deceased Bodies Inside...Public Raises Hell! (Watch)
- Cops Kept Rihanna from Performing Free Freddie Gray Concert
- Steven Ivory: GOP and Trump—Pot, Meet Kettle
- Report: Whitney Decides Where Fortune Goes; Bobby Screwed
- Hasselbeck: Sandra Bland Could've Used Cigarette as a Weapon (WATCH)
- Ralkina Jones: 3rd Black Woman in Two Weeks to Die in Jail Cell
- Rapper Styles P Reveals Daughter Committed Suicide
- Hulk Hogan Wonders Why Obama Can Use N-Word and Not Him in Retweet
- Joe Jackson Alert, Feeling Good After Stroke, Heart Attacks
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here