*Can’t say that we’re a fan of this band’s kind of music, but we can’t help loving’ their name: Howard and the White Boys! Hence, we just have to show bro’ man Howard and his ” white boys” some love.
This past weekend H&TWB recorded their long-awaited new album (and follow-up to the critically-acclaimed “Made In Chicago”) at Rosas’ Lounge in Chicago, scheduled for a late-Summer release date. Read more about it here.
The veteran blues quartet continue to perform through out the U.S., bringing audiences to their feet and out onto the dance floor – much as they have done for over twenty years. Longtime band member Rocco Calipari has also branched out with his successful side project Head Honchos’, who have released a well-received debut CD and play regularly throughout the Midwest as well as the rest of the U.S. and Canada.
The members of Howard and the White Boys first met at Northern Illinois University in Dekalb in 1988 and began jamming together just for fun, but their fast-growing popularity soon convinced them they could make a career of it. After only a few months, they got their first big break by opening for Blues legend, B.B. King. The band soon made the move to Chicago and began performing with the biggest names in Blues: Koko Taylor, Albert King, Junior Wells, Lonnie Brooks, Luther Allison, Bo Diddley, and Chuck Berry (the latter whom they were the backing band for in a headlining capacity at the 2002 Long Beach Blues Festival in Long Beach, CA).
Get MORE info about Howard and the White Boys at: www.howardandthewhiteboys.net or their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Howard-And-The-WhiteBoys/314319525125?ref=ts&fref=ts
Watch the bands video for “Good Booty & BBQ”:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Erykah Badu on Azealia Banks Beef: 'We Can Spiral Out of Control With Style'
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here