*As previously reported, Spike Lee reached his Kickstarter goal of $1.25 million and has already begun casting for the new project.
The film about blood-thirsty humans will include Michael K. Williams, of “The Wire” and “Boardwalk Empire.” Lee announced this new addition along with “Children of God’s” Stephen Tyrone Williams and newcomer Zaraah Abrahams. He posted a message about each actor on the film’s Kickstarter page, but hasn’t given details about the characters they will play.
“I first saw the fresh face and abundance of talent at the Broadway opening of the late Nora Ephron’s “Lucky Guy,”” Lee writes of Stephen Tyrone Williams, who will play the film’s leading role. “At the after party, I found Stephen and told him how much I enjoyed his performance and God willing one day we would be able to work together.”
Lee discovered Abrahams in a student film made by one of his NYU film students. He writes, “I tracked her down and Zaarah is even better than I thought. If I know anything, I know young talent.” Hard to argue that with the man who gave Rosie Perez and Samuel L. Jackson their starts.
Finally, Lee gushes about adding Michael K. Williams, one of his favorite actors since Williams’ stint on “The Wire,” to the film’s supporting cast. “I feel that his portrayal, his complexity and his humanity of Omar [his character on ‘The Wire’] will go down as one of the greatest characters cable TV has seen.”
Lee’s Kickstarter campaign successfully closed on Wednesday, August 21. Hopefully, more details about the film will be released soon.
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here