But in an interview with the Power 105.1 “Breakfast Club” he straight up said Marlon Wayans wasn’t good enough to play iconic comedian, Richard Pryor. He said casting shut the comedic actor down.
“He really needed to be shut down, he ain’t nowhere near a real [inaudible] to play something like that.” But then, Epps had the host bursting out laughing when he added, “You got to have real snortin’ coke experience to do stuff like that.”
As we already know, Epps is playing Richard Pryor in a supporting role in director Cynthia Mort’s Nina Simone project, Nina, which stars Zoe Saldana as Simone and David Oyelowo as her Paris-based manager Clifton Henderson.
For more 411 on the interview, check this clip out!
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Author Guarantees 'Boy, Get a Job...' Helps Teens Find Work
- THE (02-11-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oh God: Johnny Depp Nails 'The Donald' in Funny or Die Video (Look!)
- Will Smith Calls Son Jayden 'Fearless' for Rockin' Women's Clothes
- Lakatriona Brunson: Florida’s First Female Head Football Coach
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here