But in an interview with the Power 105.1 “Breakfast Club” he straight up said Marlon Wayans wasn’t good enough to play iconic comedian, Richard Pryor. He said casting shut the comedic actor down.
“He really needed to be shut down, he ain’t nowhere near a real [inaudible] to play something like that.” But then, Epps had the host bursting out laughing when he added, “You got to have real snortin’ coke experience to do stuff like that.”
As we already know, Epps is playing Richard Pryor in a supporting role in director Cynthia Mort’s Nina Simone project, Nina, which stars Zoe Saldana as Simone and David Oyelowo as her Paris-based manager Clifton Henderson.
For more 411 on the interview, check this clip out!
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Opinion: Kanye West Not Worth a Billion dollars from Adidas Deal
- Future Talks Album Flop, Ciara's Lawsuit & Russell Wilson
- Woman’s Viral National Anthem Leads to National TV Singing Debut on ‘GMA’ (Watch)
- Mike Tirico Says Goodbye to ESPN after 25 Years (Watch Full Remarks)
- Vic Mensa Suggests Justin Timberlake ‘Support Black People When It’s More Difficult’ (Watch)
- Apple in Talks to Acquire Jay Z’s Streaming Service Tidal
- Ludacris Surprises Wife Eudoxie With New $160,000 Benz (Watch)
- Free Hamburgers to Anyone Who Changes Their Last Name to 'Burger'
- Kyrie Irving Calls ‘No Black Girls Allowed’ Yacht Party Backlash ‘Ridiculous’
- Demolition of Aretha Franklin’s Birth Home Postponed
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here