*NBC News is launching its social media project “#DreamDay, asking everyone to share their dreams as the nation celebrates the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington and Martin Luther King Jr.’s iconic “I Have a Dream” speech.
Beginning today through the march’s Wednesday, Aug. 28 anniversary, celebrities, politicians, journalists, thought leaders and all Americans are invited to take part in #DreamDay by completing the statement “I Have a Dream that____.”
NBC News will then spotlight the messages across its various shows and digital platforms.
The text, photo and video messages can be submitted to NBC News using social media platforms such Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Vine, with the hashtag #DreamDay. A curated collection of the submissions will be featured on “Today,” “NBC Nightly News,” with many thousands of dreams spotlighted at NBCNews.com/DreamDay. NBC’s owned and affiliate stations will also engage their local communities to take part in the effort.
The special site launches today with contributions from notable figures including the Dalai Lama, Martin Luther King III, Rev. Jesse Jackson, Gov. Chris Christie, Carmelo Anthony, Ivanka Trump, Rev. Samuel Rodriguez, Levar Burton, Terry Crews and more. Contributing NBC News journalists include Matt Lauer, Lester Holt, David Gregory, Al Roker, Natalie Morales, Chuck Todd, Willie Geist, Kathie Lee Gifford, Hoda Kotb, Rehema Ellis, Erica Hill, Ron Mott and Jeff Rossen, with more to be added in the coming days.
As previously reported, NBC News will also dedicate special coverage in the days leading up to the anniversary, kicking off with “Meet the Press” on Sunday, Aug. 25, when the program will offer a rare re-broadcast of interviews with Martin Luther King, Jr. and NAACP executive secretary Roy Wilkins from the August. 25, 1963 edition of the show—50 years ago [scroll down to watch] and just days before the March on Washington. In addition to this offering, “Meet the Press” will focus its regular hour-long program on the state of the American Dream.
Additional NBC News properties including “Today,” “NBC Nightly News” and NBCNews.com will feature original reporting and coverage in advance of and on August 28th.
NBC News’ sister network Telemundo will also participate in the initiative on August 28th using the hashtag #misueñoes. Contributions will be featured on the network’s morning program “Un Nuevo Dia” and its evening magazine “Al Rojo Vivo.” Telemundo will run special coverage of the 50th anniversary beginning Sunday on “Enfoque,” through Wednesday on “Noticiero Telemundo.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here