*Iyanla Vanzant will try to work her magic on troubled former WNBA star Chamique Holdsclaw in the next episode of her OWN series, “Iyanla: Fix My Life.”
Despite enormous talent and professional success, the retired pro basketball player continues to struggle with personal inner demons that in the past have caused her to snap, including a November 2012 arrest for shooting her girlfriend’s car and attacking it with a baseball bat.
In the episode, airing Saturday, August 17 at 9 p.m., Iyanla works with Chamique to confront her past, her anger and depression issues, her fear of abandonment and most importantly to heal her relationship with her mother, before an incident like the one in 2012 can occur again.
Chamique has decided to share her personal story with OWN viewers as part of her ongoing effort to raise awareness of mental health issues and the stigmas often attached.
Watch a sneak peek below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here