*Iyanla Vanzant will try to work her magic on troubled former WNBA star Chamique Holdsclaw in the next episode of her OWN series, “Iyanla: Fix My Life.”
Despite enormous talent and professional success, the retired pro basketball player continues to struggle with personal inner demons that in the past have caused her to snap, including a November 2012 arrest for shooting her girlfriend’s car and attacking it with a baseball bat.
In the episode, airing Saturday, August 17 at 9 p.m., Iyanla works with Chamique to confront her past, her anger and depression issues, her fear of abandonment and most importantly to heal her relationship with her mother, before an incident like the one in 2012 can occur again.
Chamique has decided to share her personal story with OWN viewers as part of her ongoing effort to raise awareness of mental health issues and the stigmas often attached.
Watch a sneak peek below:
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Russell Wilson, Ciara Practicing Abstinence: ‘I Need You to Pray for Us’ (Watch)
- Michael K. Williams Joins ‘Ghostbusters’ All-Female Remake
- Tami Roman Says Shaunie O’Neal Will ‘Pop Off’ on ‘BBWLA’ This Season (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here