*Iyanla Vanzant will try to work her magic on troubled former WNBA star Chamique Holdsclaw in the next episode of her OWN series, “Iyanla: Fix My Life.”
Despite enormous talent and professional success, the retired pro basketball player continues to struggle with personal inner demons that in the past have caused her to snap, including a November 2012 arrest for shooting her girlfriend’s car and attacking it with a baseball bat.
In the episode, airing Saturday, August 17 at 9 p.m., Iyanla works with Chamique to confront her past, her anger and depression issues, her fear of abandonment and most importantly to heal her relationship with her mother, before an incident like the one in 2012 can occur again.
Chamique has decided to share her personal story with OWN viewers as part of her ongoing effort to raise awareness of mental health issues and the stigmas often attached.
Watch a sneak peek below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Stars Come Out for TV One's New Series 'Here We Go Again' in Atlanta (Pics)
- Overbrook Entertainment (Will Smith's Co.) 'Lacks Diversity' (Watch)
- The Socialist's Journal: The Problem for Democrats
- Ex-NFLer Bill Romanowski Calls Cam Newton ‘Boy’ in Racist Rant, Later Apologizes
- Breaking Down America's Wealth in Black and White
- Ciara Files to Sue Future for $15 Million
- New Reports Puts When and How Much Porn Americans Watch on Blast
- Rudy Giuliani Accuses Beyoncé of Attacking Police with Super Bowl Performance
- THE (02-09-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ray J Issues Goes Legal on Ex-Business Partner Over Past Kim K Drama
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here