*Iyanla Vanzant will try to work her magic on troubled former WNBA star Chamique Holdsclaw in the next episode of her OWN series, “Iyanla: Fix My Life.”
Despite enormous talent and professional success, the retired pro basketball player continues to struggle with personal inner demons that in the past have caused her to snap, including a November 2012 arrest for shooting her girlfriend’s car and attacking it with a baseball bat.
In the episode, airing Saturday, August 17 at 9 p.m., Iyanla works with Chamique to confront her past, her anger and depression issues, her fear of abandonment and most importantly to heal her relationship with her mother, before an incident like the one in 2012 can occur again.
Chamique has decided to share her personal story with OWN viewers as part of her ongoing effort to raise awareness of mental health issues and the stigmas often attached.
Watch a sneak peek below:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Will Downing Drops 1st Full Length CD in Six Years 'Black Pearls'
- NeNe Leakes Blasts Luenell & Kenya Moore During Stand-Up
- Oprah's Convo with T. D. Jakes About Mega Church Series 'Greenleaf' (Photos)
- George Zimmerman Brags About Selling Gun That Killed Trayvon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here