*Switzerland’s national tourism office has apologized to Oprah Winfrey for the racist encounter she says happened at a store in Zurich.
The media mogul, one of the world’s richest women, said a shop assistant refused to show her a handbag because it was “too expensive” for her. Forbes magazine estimates that Winfrey earned $77 million in the year ending in June.
A spokeswoman for the Swiss tourism office, Daniela Baer, told The Associated Press on Friday “we are very sorry for what happened to her.”
The tourism office also posted an apology on Twitter, saying “this person acted terribly wrong.”
Winfrey was in town to attend last month’s wedding of longtime friend Tina Turner, who lives in Switzerland
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- NeYo Shares Proposal Video, Slams Ex's Sterilization Claims [WATCH]
- Staples Singers Limited Edition 4-CD Box Set to be Released Nov. 13 from Stax/Concord Music Group
- Whoopi Goldberg Blasts Pro-Lifers: ‘Get Out of My Vagina!’
- Jennifer Hudson Dishes on Film Roles, Style and Weight Loss
- Sparkletainment Presents 'Loves Freedom' a One-woman Stage Performance (WATCH)
- 'Why You Always Lying' Creator Calls Viral Success 'Crazy'
- Deitrick Haddon Unveils Cover of 'MasterPiece'
- How to Successfully Balance Family, Parenting and Entertainment
- Terrence Howard Repays Rapper Petey Pablo with Role on 'Empire'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here