*Switzerland’s national tourism office has apologized to Oprah Winfrey for the racist encounter she says happened at a store in Zurich.
The media mogul, one of the world’s richest women, said a shop assistant refused to show her a handbag because it was “too expensive” for her. Forbes magazine estimates that Winfrey earned $77 million in the year ending in June.
A spokeswoman for the Swiss tourism office, Daniela Baer, told The Associated Press on Friday “we are very sorry for what happened to her.”
The tourism office also posted an apology on Twitter, saying “this person acted terribly wrong.”
Winfrey was in town to attend last month’s wedding of longtime friend Tina Turner, who lives in Switzerland
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Marshawn Lynch Retires Without Having Spent His $50M NFL Income
- Nuisance Abatement Law Seemingly Gives NYPD License to Evict Criminal and Non-Criminal Residents
- Toyota Motor Credit to Pay $21.9 Million for Discrimination
- THE (02-08-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Award Winning Pianist Kris Bowers to Perform at Benefit Concert.
- A Miserable Cam Newton Bolts Out of Press Conference (WATCH)
- After Super Bowl 50 Performance Beyonce Announces 'Formation Tour'
- Denver Broncos Beat Carolina Panthers 24-10 to Win Super Bowl
- PETA Approves Jada Pinkett Smith's Ivory Tusk Decor
- John Legend Goes ‘Underground’ With Activism For Upcoming WGN Series
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here