Oprah had a chat with HipHollywood to do press for “Lee Daniel’s The Butler” where she opened up about having to mutter the B-word during a pivotal scene in the film.
“I don’t think I’ve ever used the B-word,” said Winfrey. “I’ve never called anybody a B*tch my whole life, so it was kinda fun.”
During a table scene in the movie, Winfrey’s character, Gloria Gaines called Carol, played by Yaya Alafia, “a trifling ass bitch!”
Although Winfrey says using that word was somewhat fun, she still holds the same feelings towards the use of the N-Word. She hopes the film can help African Americans gain a better understand of their history and where they come from.
“In order to continue to move forward in life you have to know who you are,” explains Winfrey. “You have to literally have a root and a foundation of knowing … and to celebrate and to honor.”
“Lee Daniels’ The Butler” is in theaters August 16.
- Why Aren't Our Black Celebrities Supporting Black Theatre ... Financially?
- Bobby Shmurda's Girlfriend Busted Smuggling Shank Into Rikers
- B.Scott Accompanies Laverne Cox to BET Awards
- Nick Cannon Weighs in on Mariah Carey and her New Man
- Jason Derulo Misjudged Potential of New Song ‘Want to Want Me’
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Emmitt Smith Backs Out of Judging Miss USA Pageant
- Serena, Venus Advance at Wimbledon, One Step Closer to Facing Each Other
- SF 49er RB Reggie Bush Puts MI Home on Market for $2.4M (Pics)
- NeNe Leakes, Betty White, Anthony Anderson Lead ABC’s ‘To Tell the Truth’ Reboot
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here