Oprah had a chat with HipHollywood to do press for “Lee Daniel’s The Butler” where she opened up about having to mutter the B-word during a pivotal scene in the film.
“I don’t think I’ve ever used the B-word,” said Winfrey. “I’ve never called anybody a B*tch my whole life, so it was kinda fun.”
During a table scene in the movie, Winfrey’s character, Gloria Gaines called Carol, played by Yaya Alafia, “a trifling ass bitch!”
Although Winfrey says using that word was somewhat fun, she still holds the same feelings towards the use of the N-Word. She hopes the film can help African Americans gain a better understand of their history and where they come from.
“In order to continue to move forward in life you have to know who you are,” explains Winfrey. “You have to literally have a root and a foundation of knowing … and to celebrate and to honor.”
“Lee Daniels’ The Butler” is in theaters August 16.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (06-01-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Chris Angelo Word and Alfred Torregano's 'Optimal Nutrition': A Life Driven Story
- T-Boz to Exec. Produce Teen Musical Project 'What About Your Friends?'
- Maino’s Girlfriend to Sue NYPD Over T.I. Concert Shooting
- Madonna Claps Back at BET - Tamar Dropped From Record Label?
- Parents of Alabama Teen Electrocuted in Lake Warns Others to 'Be Careful' (Video)
- Snoop Dogg Right on 'Roots' Remake for the Wrong Reasons (Video)
- ‘Roots’ Remake Draws 5.3M Viewers Against Record-Setting NBA Playoff Game
- What Mariah Carey Wore to ‘Live with Kelly’s’ Daytime Pajama Party (Watch)
- Pics Surface of Alleged Khloe Kardashian/Odell Beckham Jr. Hookup at Drake's Party
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here