Oprah had a chat with HipHollywood to do press for “Lee Daniel’s The Butler” where she opened up about having to mutter the B-word during a pivotal scene in the film.
“I don’t think I’ve ever used the B-word,” said Winfrey. “I’ve never called anybody a B*tch my whole life, so it was kinda fun.”
During a table scene in the movie, Winfrey’s character, Gloria Gaines called Carol, played by Yaya Alafia, “a trifling ass bitch!”
Although Winfrey says using that word was somewhat fun, she still holds the same feelings towards the use of the N-Word. She hopes the film can help African Americans gain a better understand of their history and where they come from.
“In order to continue to move forward in life you have to know who you are,” explains Winfrey. “You have to literally have a root and a foundation of knowing … and to celebrate and to honor.”
“Lee Daniels’ The Butler” is in theaters August 16.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep9) Sinned Against
- Jason Kidd Suspended for Slapping Ball Out of Ref’s Hand (Watch)
- Mariah Carey, Ex-Husband Nick Cannon Spend Thanksgiving Together
- Siri Gives Taraji P. Henson Attitude in New Apple Music Ad
- Provocative New Ebook Details Trump and the GOP’s Race Baiting History and the White House Race
- Put the 'Black' Back in 'Black Friday'
- Kerry Washington Gives Props to her Hubby: ‘The Real Gladiator’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here