Oprah had a chat with HipHollywood to do press for “Lee Daniel’s The Butler” where she opened up about having to mutter the B-word during a pivotal scene in the film.
“I don’t think I’ve ever used the B-word,” said Winfrey. “I’ve never called anybody a B*tch my whole life, so it was kinda fun.”
During a table scene in the movie, Winfrey’s character, Gloria Gaines called Carol, played by Yaya Alafia, “a trifling ass bitch!”
Although Winfrey says using that word was somewhat fun, she still holds the same feelings towards the use of the N-Word. She hopes the film can help African Americans gain a better understand of their history and where they come from.
“In order to continue to move forward in life you have to know who you are,” explains Winfrey. “You have to literally have a root and a foundation of knowing … and to celebrate and to honor.”
“Lee Daniels’ The Butler” is in theaters August 16.
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Cedric the Entertainer Hosts 3rd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic [Photos]
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- (The Black Hat) Serena Williams is a Winner, Not a Cover Girl
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'The Martian': 'Love Letter to Science' -- Matt Damon
- The Film Strip: New York Comic Con Tickets Going Fast
- 'Django Unchained' Actress Daniele Watts & Boyfriend Sentenced
- Shocking! How BGF Members Made $20K a Month in Jail
- Piano Man: Tyler Perry Buys Nat King Cole's Steinway for $150k
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here