*In the process of promoting their new film, “The Butler,” Oprah Winfrey, co-star Forest Whitaker and director Lee Daniels discussed race and of course the n-word.
Oprah made it clear that she’s not down with using the word at all. And if you use it (around her), you can’t be down with her.
Hmm, that means Paula Deen can’t be her friend. Neither can Rae Dawn Chong (who called Lady O the n-word recently), Philadelphia Eagles’ Riley Cooper, Jay Z, as well as 99 percent of all rappers and of course, millions of black folks.
“You cannot be my friend and use that word around me. It shows my age, but I feel strongly about it,” she tells Parade magazine. “… I always think of the millions of people who heard that as their last word as they were hanging from a tree.”
How does Whitaker, 52, feel about it? He says, “I don’t use the word. Never did.”
On the other hand, Daniels, 53, came clean as far as his usage of it: “It’s a word I used quite a bit, until Oprah sat me down and talked to me about its power.”
Whitaker and Daniels also talked their encounters with racism in America.
“I’ve had any incidents in my life of racism,” says Whitaker. “I’ve been thrown on the ground. I’ve been frisked. I’ve been arrested so many times I couldn’t tell you. I have no need to talk about it.
Added Daniels: “It’s a given. I can’t even get a taxi [in New York]. I send my [white] assistant out to get a taxi because I can’t.”
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Perspective on Harris Co. Deputy's Death by Project 21 Member Who Served with Him
- RHOA Fight: Cynthia Bailey Kicked Porsha Williams in the Stomach (Report)
- James Bond Author Now ‘Sorry’ for Calling Idris Elba ‘Too Street’
- Janet Jackson Drops Missy Elliott Collabo at ‘Unbreakable’ Tour Launch (Clips)
- Bay Area Man Finds Twenty Dollars and Uses it to Win $1 Million!
- Health: Is Your Pee Trying to Tell You Something?
- Soul of the US Open: Serena Walks Over; Venus Grinds to Victory; Sloane Stephens Dismissed Early
- New James Bond Author Says Idris Elba is ‘Too Street’ to Play 007
- Bill O’Reilly Vows to Put #BlackLivesMatter Out of Business, Compares Group to KKK (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here