*Washington, DC — Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) is a little-known treatment discovered by the athletic elite in 2009. A radical treatment for sports related and other chronic injuries, it uses a patient’s own blood to aid in the healing of itself. With growing buzz created by former “blood therapy” recipients; pro golfer, Tiger Woods and NBA star, Kobe Bryant, PRP is fast becoming the exciting alternative to surgery that more pain patients are looking for.
A handful of doctors in the United States and only a few in the Washington Metropolitan area have extensive experience in this revolutionary procedure, that’s why Pain Management Specialist Dr. G. Hudson Drakes of Metro Spine is in such high demand. “If more people knew that they could get relief from chronic pain without painful surgery and without drugs using their body’s own healing mechanisms, they wouldn’t hesitate,” says Drakes, “it’s a non-invasive alternative worth exploring.”
What is PRP?
PRP is when a small amount of blood is taken from the patient’s arm and placed in a special centrifuge. The centrifuge spins and separates platelets from the rest of the blood components. The process of preparing the Platelet-Rich Plasma takes less than 15 minutes and increases the concentration of platelets and growth factors up to 600%. Using your own blood, specially prepared platelets are taken and re-injected into the affected area using image-guided fluoroscopy ultrasound imaging. These platelets release special growth factors that lead to tissue healing. By using the concentrated platelets, growth factors increase up to eight times which promotes temporary relief, stops inflammation, and heals the area over a period of time. PRP has been proven to benefit patients with arthritis, degenerative joint disease, golfer & tennis elbow, hip pain, knee pain, shoulder pain, sports injuries, tendonitis, and more.
Dr. Drakes, a board-certified specialist in physical medicine & rehabilitation, is a Diplomate of The American Board of Pain Medicine, and an academic professor and lecturer. Dr. Drakes founded Metro Spine Pain Centers in 1993 to make a difference in the lives of people who have chronic pain conditions. He leads a team of top professionals whose advanced care and innovative approach has brought relief to thousands of people.
For more details, visit www.metrospinemd.com
- Snoop Dogg Has Over $200K Seized at Italian Airport
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Melba Moore Defends Bill Cosby: 'Nobody's Perfect' (WATCH)
- Bobby Brown's Wife Alicia Etheredge Suffers Seizure After Funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Hump Nails: Yay or Hell to the Nah! (Provide Your Own Fun Captions for Jellybean Win!)
- Ice-T & Coco Talk New Baby, New Talk Show and Breeding Out Racism
- Drama Developing: Bobbi Kristina Casket Pic Sold for Over $100K
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here