*Washington, DC — Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) is a little-known treatment discovered by the athletic elite in 2009. A radical treatment for sports related and other chronic injuries, it uses a patient’s own blood to aid in the healing of itself. With growing buzz created by former “blood therapy” recipients; pro golfer, Tiger Woods and NBA star, Kobe Bryant, PRP is fast becoming the exciting alternative to surgery that more pain patients are looking for.
A handful of doctors in the United States and only a few in the Washington Metropolitan area have extensive experience in this revolutionary procedure, that’s why Pain Management Specialist Dr. G. Hudson Drakes of Metro Spine is in such high demand. “If more people knew that they could get relief from chronic pain without painful surgery and without drugs using their body’s own healing mechanisms, they wouldn’t hesitate,” says Drakes, “it’s a non-invasive alternative worth exploring.”
What is PRP?
PRP is when a small amount of blood is taken from the patient’s arm and placed in a special centrifuge. The centrifuge spins and separates platelets from the rest of the blood components. The process of preparing the Platelet-Rich Plasma takes less than 15 minutes and increases the concentration of platelets and growth factors up to 600%. Using your own blood, specially prepared platelets are taken and re-injected into the affected area using image-guided fluoroscopy ultrasound imaging. These platelets release special growth factors that lead to tissue healing. By using the concentrated platelets, growth factors increase up to eight times which promotes temporary relief, stops inflammation, and heals the area over a period of time. PRP has been proven to benefit patients with arthritis, degenerative joint disease, golfer & tennis elbow, hip pain, knee pain, shoulder pain, sports injuries, tendonitis, and more.
Dr. Drakes, a board-certified specialist in physical medicine & rehabilitation, is a Diplomate of The American Board of Pain Medicine, and an academic professor and lecturer. Dr. Drakes founded Metro Spine Pain Centers in 1993 to make a difference in the lives of people who have chronic pain conditions. He leads a team of top professionals whose advanced care and innovative approach has brought relief to thousands of people.
For more details, visit www.metrospinemd.com
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here