*Rap star Fat Joe has become the latest star to be convicted for tax evasion and has reported to federal prison in Florida to serve a 4-month sentence.
Joe, whose real name is Joseph Cartagena, surrendered Monday at a federal detention center in Miami according to his attorney.
Cartagena, 42, reportedly failed to pay taxes on more than $1 million of income in 2007 and in 2008.
He then pled guilty in December 2012.
Due to the fact that many of the companies he gets money from are incorporated in the New Jersey, Cartagena was charged in that state.
Attorney Jeffrey Lichtman told The Associated Press that Cartagena was in positive spirits and looking forward to getting released and back to his family before Christmas.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Black Stars Support Oscars At NAACP Image Awards (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here