*Rap star Fat Joe has become the latest star to be convicted for tax evasion and has reported to federal prison in Florida to serve a 4-month sentence.
Joe, whose real name is Joseph Cartagena, surrendered Monday at a federal detention center in Miami according to his attorney.
Cartagena, 42, reportedly failed to pay taxes on more than $1 million of income in 2007 and in 2008.
He then pled guilty in December 2012.
Due to the fact that many of the companies he gets money from are incorporated in the New Jersey, Cartagena was charged in that state.
Attorney Jeffrey Lichtman told The Associated Press that Cartagena was in positive spirits and looking forward to getting released and back to his family before Christmas.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Remodeling Your Home: The Risks You Need to Know
- THE (05-02-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- OMG! Did Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, Really Respond to My Friendly 'Hello?'
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Pays Tribute to Iconic Artist Prince
- Kelly Rowland's New Music Series Has Her Missing Destiny’s Child
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Ni*ga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here