*Rap star Fat Joe has become the latest star to be convicted for tax evasion and has reported to federal prison in Florida to serve a 4-month sentence.
Joe, whose real name is Joseph Cartagena, surrendered Monday at a federal detention center in Miami according to his attorney.
Cartagena, 42, reportedly failed to pay taxes on more than $1 million of income in 2007 and in 2008.
He then pled guilty in December 2012.
Due to the fact that many of the companies he gets money from are incorporated in the New Jersey, Cartagena was charged in that state.
Attorney Jeffrey Lichtman told The Associated Press that Cartagena was in positive spirits and looking forward to getting released and back to his family before Christmas.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 2016 BET Awards See Spike in Viewership
- 4 Upgrades to Catch the Eye of Luxury Homebuyers
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Dogs Bark, Sharks Attack, And Alligators Eat People
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits 2016 Pt.2
- THE (06-28-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Experience Fan Fest-The Future of Neo-Soul and Rap (PHOTOS)
- 'Have and Have Nots' Tyler Lepley Talks Growth, Humility & More
- Shaq's Family Lands Reality Show - TV PD Blasts LeBron for Cussin'
- Woman who Loathed Gun Control, Shoots Two Daughters to Death
- Michael Jackson Called Prince 'One Of The Rudest People I Have Ever Met'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here