*Rap star Fat Joe has become the latest star to be convicted for tax evasion and has reported to federal prison in Florida to serve a 4-month sentence.
Joe, whose real name is Joseph Cartagena, surrendered Monday at a federal detention center in Miami according to his attorney.
Cartagena, 42, reportedly failed to pay taxes on more than $1 million of income in 2007 and in 2008.
He then pled guilty in December 2012.
Due to the fact that many of the companies he gets money from are incorporated in the New Jersey, Cartagena was charged in that state.
Attorney Jeffrey Lichtman told The Associated Press that Cartagena was in positive spirits and looking forward to getting released and back to his family before Christmas.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Oprah's Convo with T. D. Jakes About Mega Church Series 'Greenleaf' (Photos)
- George Zimmerman Brags About Selling Gun That Killed Trayvon
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Angela Simmons Confirms Pregnancy: 'We Are Overjoyed'
- How to Start Your Own Online Casino
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here