*An Internet backlash followed actress Raven-Symone’s coming out earlier this month, as Twitter users responded with 140-character claims that the news has ruined their childhood.
The hashtag #childhoodruined sprung up on tweets spreading the news, insinuating that the realization of the star’s sexuality somehow destroys the impact of her hit Disney Channel show “That’s So Raven” on their development.
Prior to Raven’s understated coming out via Tweet, speculation surrounding her sexuality was nothing new. Last year, fueled by a story published in The National Enquirer, rumors spiraled that Raven-Symone was in a relationship with AzMarie Livingston, a former contestant on “America’s Next Top Model.”
Raven responded to the rumors via Twitter: “I’m living my PERSONAL life the way I’m happiest. I’m not one, in my 25 year career to disclose who I’m dating. And I shall not start now.”
On Aug. 2, Symone tweeted: “I can finally get married! Yay government! So proud of you.” It’s assumed the 27-year-old actress was referring to the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn The Defense of Marriage Act back in June, which allows same same-sex marriages to be recognized by the Federal government.
- Kirk Frost of 'L&HHA' Arrested at Dirt Bike Rally
- ‘BET Awards’ Ratings Down From Chris Rock-Hosted 2014 Ceremony
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Lester Holt Tops Ratings in 1st Week as Official ‘Nightly News’ Anchor
- First Look: Chiwetel Ejiofor, Julia Roberts in ‘Secret in Their Eyes’ (Trailer)
- Halle Berry on Leaving Modeling for Acting: ‘It Took Me Years to Build Respect’
- Victoria Rowell Wants Back on ‘The Young and the Restless’?
- Are We Bananas or is This Dude One Handsome Gorilla?
- Essence Expands Digital Programming with 'Live from the Essence Festival'
- Cops Called to Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice Over Family Fights
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here