*An Internet backlash followed actress Raven-Symone’s coming out earlier this month, as Twitter users responded with 140-character claims that the news has ruined their childhood.
The hashtag #childhoodruined sprung up on tweets spreading the news, insinuating that the realization of the star’s sexuality somehow destroys the impact of her hit Disney Channel show “That’s So Raven” on their development.
Prior to Raven’s understated coming out via Tweet, speculation surrounding her sexuality was nothing new. Last year, fueled by a story published in The National Enquirer, rumors spiraled that Raven-Symone was in a relationship with AzMarie Livingston, a former contestant on “America’s Next Top Model.”
Raven responded to the rumors via Twitter: “I’m living my PERSONAL life the way I’m happiest. I’m not one, in my 25 year career to disclose who I’m dating. And I shall not start now.”
On Aug. 2, Symone tweeted: “I can finally get married! Yay government! So proud of you.” It’s assumed the 27-year-old actress was referring to the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn The Defense of Marriage Act back in June, which allows same same-sex marriages to be recognized by the Federal government.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: It’s Still a Woman Thing with Hillary
- Blake Griffin Suspended 4 Games For Punching Clippers Trainer
- Hymn to Him: The Power of Congregational Singing!
- Patti LaBelle Joins ‘The Voice’ As Advisor to Christina Aguilera
- Khloe Kardashian Joins OkCupid After Split From James Harden
- LeSean McCoy: Video of Club Brawl With Off Duty Cops (Watch)
- DMX Hospitalized After Discovered Unconscious at Hotel
- Red Lobster Sales and Social Media Soar Since Beyonce’s ‘Formation’
- EUR Celebrates Black History Month - From AFRICAN SKETCHBOOK to OUR ROOTS
- What?! All Traces of Rapist-Cop Daniel Holtzclaw Gone from Database
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here