*An Internet backlash followed actress Raven-Symone’s coming out earlier this month, as Twitter users responded with 140-character claims that the news has ruined their childhood.
The hashtag #childhoodruined sprung up on tweets spreading the news, insinuating that the realization of the star’s sexuality somehow destroys the impact of her hit Disney Channel show “That’s So Raven” on their development.
Prior to Raven’s understated coming out via Tweet, speculation surrounding her sexuality was nothing new. Last year, fueled by a story published in The National Enquirer, rumors spiraled that Raven-Symone was in a relationship with AzMarie Livingston, a former contestant on “America’s Next Top Model.”
Raven responded to the rumors via Twitter: “I’m living my PERSONAL life the way I’m happiest. I’m not one, in my 25 year career to disclose who I’m dating. And I shall not start now.”
On Aug. 2, Symone tweeted: “I can finally get married! Yay government! So proud of you.” It’s assumed the 27-year-old actress was referring to the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn The Defense of Marriage Act back in June, which allows same same-sex marriages to be recognized by the Federal government.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Karrueche Says Career Suffering Because Of Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- #BlackTwitter Comes for Piers Morgan Over ‘I Love My Whiteness’
- Matt Barnes: I Was Checking On My Kids, Not Confronting Derek Fisher
- Ben Carson Now Blaming the Holocaust on Gun Control (Watch)
- Done Deal: F. Gary Gray Confirmed to Direct ‘Fast & Furious 8’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here