*An Internet backlash followed actress Raven-Symone’s coming out earlier this month, as Twitter users responded with 140-character claims that the news has ruined their childhood.
The hashtag #childhoodruined sprung up on tweets spreading the news, insinuating that the realization of the star’s sexuality somehow destroys the impact of her hit Disney Channel show “That’s So Raven” on their development.
Prior to Raven’s understated coming out via Tweet, speculation surrounding her sexuality was nothing new. Last year, fueled by a story published in The National Enquirer, rumors spiraled that Raven-Symone was in a relationship with AzMarie Livingston, a former contestant on “America’s Next Top Model.”
Raven responded to the rumors via Twitter: “I’m living my PERSONAL life the way I’m happiest. I’m not one, in my 25 year career to disclose who I’m dating. And I shall not start now.”
On Aug. 2, Symone tweeted: “I can finally get married! Yay government! So proud of you.” It’s assumed the 27-year-old actress was referring to the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn The Defense of Marriage Act back in June, which allows same same-sex marriages to be recognized by the Federal government.
- Instagram’s ‘Hot Gay Dads’ Call it Quits
- Amber Rose Criticized for Teaching Her Baby 'Hood English' (WATCH)
- Mother of Three Killed By Ex-Boyfriend-Baby-Daddy-Gang Member
- Bill Cosby Set to Be Deposed by Sept. 30 in Judy Huth Case
- Late Golf Great Charlie Sifford's Family Stole $1 Million From Him
- Former NBA All Star Vin Baker Training for Starbucks Manager Spot
- The Griswolds Are Back On 'Vacation' (Watch)
- The Second Deadly Assault on Sandra Bland
- Troubling: Two Officers Corroborated Killer Cop's False Account of DuBose Killing
- Audio Interview: Basketball and Art Unite to Inspire Youth Life Skills (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here