With the stellar ratings and rumored drama popping off on and behind the scenes ‘R&B Divas LA‘ (allegedly with Kelly Price and Dawn Robinson), we figured it was the perfect time to get his perspective and response to allegations.
Specifically, we spoke with him about comments made by Dawn that producers mislead cast members into believing the show would be drama free, why Dawn skipped the reunion taping and if producers are encouraging more drama for higher ratings. Peep a few excerpts of our conversation.
A few days ago, one of the show’s cast members, Dawn Robinson essentially said that she was mislead into what the show would be about. She mentioned Phil Thornton, who you work with, suggested it would be like a ‘Waiting to Exhale’ type of show. Were you involved with casting Dawn?
Yes. Phil and I together are heavily involved in casting for the show. After season one of “R&B Divas Atlanta”, it all pretty much starts with us two initiating any new potential cast. Lamar Chase and Jubba Seyyid at TVOne also chime in early with suggestions. We then collectively, along with the team at Think Factory Media, narrow down the candidates.
Let’s talk editing a bit. Time and time again, reality stars point the finger at bad editing–essentially saying they were edited to show more negativity. What’s your response to this?
One of the LA cast members said it best recently in an interview. I think it was Lil Mo, and she hit the nail on the head. We shoot hundreds of hours of footage during 1 week. This is the amount of time allotted to capture 1 complete full episode of the show. Between 6 Divas and various scenarios that’s a limited amount of days for coverage that ultimately needs to be narrowed down to one hour of time….
To find out Paul’s response to Dawn skipping the reunion show and address reports of unfair editing, visit theJasmineBRAND.com for the full interview.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Paris Jackson Inks Dad’s ‘Dangerous’ Album Cover on her Arm
- NBA Taps ‘Champion’ From The Roots as 2016 Finals Theme Song (Listen)
- Wow! 67-Year-Old Former Harlem Drug Dealer Graduates from Columbia (Watch)!
- Carmen Electra on Prince’s Death: ‘I Just Hope People Understand What Pain Is’ (Watch)
- VH1’s ‘Hip Hop Honors’ Returning to Salute the Ladies
- ‘The Real’s’ Adrienne Bailon Calls Tamar Braxton ‘My Sister Forever’
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: You Don't Know What You Don't Know
- The Socialist's Journal: Blake Lively
- Dr. Kenneth C. Ulmer and David Sigel Announce TUI
- 'It Got Better': Raven Symone Talks Sexuality & Coming Out (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here