With the stellar ratings and rumored drama popping off on and behind the scenes ‘R&B Divas LA‘ (allegedly with Kelly Price and Dawn Robinson), we figured it was the perfect time to get his perspective and response to allegations.
Specifically, we spoke with him about comments made by Dawn that producers mislead cast members into believing the show would be drama free, why Dawn skipped the reunion taping and if producers are encouraging more drama for higher ratings. Peep a few excerpts of our conversation.
A few days ago, one of the show’s cast members, Dawn Robinson essentially said that she was mislead into what the show would be about. She mentioned Phil Thornton, who you work with, suggested it would be like a ‘Waiting to Exhale’ type of show. Were you involved with casting Dawn?
Yes. Phil and I together are heavily involved in casting for the show. After season one of “R&B Divas Atlanta”, it all pretty much starts with us two initiating any new potential cast. Lamar Chase and Jubba Seyyid at TVOne also chime in early with suggestions. We then collectively, along with the team at Think Factory Media, narrow down the candidates.
Let’s talk editing a bit. Time and time again, reality stars point the finger at bad editing–essentially saying they were edited to show more negativity. What’s your response to this?
One of the LA cast members said it best recently in an interview. I think it was Lil Mo, and she hit the nail on the head. We shoot hundreds of hours of footage during 1 week. This is the amount of time allotted to capture 1 complete full episode of the show. Between 6 Divas and various scenarios that’s a limited amount of days for coverage that ultimately needs to be narrowed down to one hour of time….
To find out Paul’s response to Dawn skipping the reunion show and address reports of unfair editing, visit theJasmineBRAND.com for the full interview.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Family Feud' Contestant Can't Believe She's the 'Worst Ever' (WATCH)
- Target Wins Lawsuit Filed by Rosa and Raymond Parks Institute
- 'The Music of ‘Underground': Behind-the-Scenes with John Legend on Slave Thriller
- Lamar Odom On Way to Full Recovery; Almost Living on His Own
- Hillary Clinton Doesn’t Deserve the Black Vote. Here's why ...
- #BlackLivesMatter Activist Commits Suicide on Ohio Statehouse Steps
- Jubilee Project Video Discusses a ‘World Without Black People’
- How I Helped 50,000 Blacks Think it Out, Not Shoot it Out
- THE (02-10-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Lalah Hathaway & Kindred the Family Soul Headline ATL SLMF
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here