*TMZ is reporting that Lamar Odom was deep into drugs while he was playing for the Dallas Mavericks and there is evidence he was doing the exact same thing while playing for the Lakers.
Sources connected to a Westin hotel in Memphis tell TMZ that in March of 2012, shortly before Lamar was cut from the Mavs, he stayed in one of the guest rooms while his team was in town playing the Grizzlies.
Sources say when Lamar left, hotel employees found major carpet damage, including quarter-sized burn marks. The damage was so bad, the hotel had to replace the carpeting in the room.
Hotel employees also found white powder on the desk blotter and the room reeked of noxious smoke, according to TMZ’s sources, adding it was obvious there was serious drug use going on in the hotel room.
The Westin is one of numerous hotels where NBA players stay when they’re on the road. TMZ has contacted a number of them around the country and learned from several hotel employees that they had complained about the state of the rooms when Lamar left — similar to what happened in Memphis — and this was while he was playing for the Lakers.
Sources say no one on the Mavs knew Lamar was on drugs while he was on the team, but everyone knew something was seriously wrong with him. During at least part of the time he was playing for the Mavs, Lamar was smoking Oxycontin and cocaine, TMZ’s sources claim.
Odom’s problems were so severe, he was cut from the Mavs mid-season and paid in full just so he would go away.
According to TMZ, Odom’s drug use escalated to crack, “and we’re told Lamar’s level of crack use is now alarming and life-threatening,” the website stated.
- The Pulse of Entertainment: It’s the Beginning of a new era for the 'Terminator' Franchise with 'Terminator Genisys'
- Jason Derulo Channels King of Pop in New 'Cheyenne' Video - WATCH
- Diddy Won't be Prosecuted by DA for UCLA Altercation with Coach
- Karrueche Tran Reveals Her Father is Gay
- The Game Faces Three Years in Prison for Assaulting Cop
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers on the ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ of Andre Lyon
- Ratings Plummet in Return of Halle Berry’s ‘Extant’
- L.A. District Attorney (Jackie Lacey) Silent on Pressing Charges Against CHP Officer in Video Beating
- Marisa Tomei Joins 'Empire' as Recurring Character
- Prince Yanks His Music From Every Streaming Service Except Tidal
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here