*TMZ is reporting that Lamar Odom was deep into drugs while he was playing for the Dallas Mavericks and there is evidence he was doing the exact same thing while playing for the Lakers.
Sources connected to a Westin hotel in Memphis tell TMZ that in March of 2012, shortly before Lamar was cut from the Mavs, he stayed in one of the guest rooms while his team was in town playing the Grizzlies.
Sources say when Lamar left, hotel employees found major carpet damage, including quarter-sized burn marks. The damage was so bad, the hotel had to replace the carpeting in the room.
Hotel employees also found white powder on the desk blotter and the room reeked of noxious smoke, according to TMZ’s sources, adding it was obvious there was serious drug use going on in the hotel room.
The Westin is one of numerous hotels where NBA players stay when they’re on the road. TMZ has contacted a number of them around the country and learned from several hotel employees that they had complained about the state of the rooms when Lamar left — similar to what happened in Memphis — and this was while he was playing for the Lakers.
Sources say no one on the Mavs knew Lamar was on drugs while he was on the team, but everyone knew something was seriously wrong with him. During at least part of the time he was playing for the Mavs, Lamar was smoking Oxycontin and cocaine, TMZ’s sources claim.
Odom’s problems were so severe, he was cut from the Mavs mid-season and paid in full just so he would go away.
According to TMZ, Odom’s drug use escalated to crack, “and we’re told Lamar’s level of crack use is now alarming and life-threatening,” the website stated.
- Piano Man: Tyler Perry Buys Nat King Cole's Steinway for $150k
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here