*Slightly more than 10 years after his debut album was released, Robin Thicke has scored his first No. 1 album.
“Blurred Lines,” his sixth studio effort, tops the Billboard 200 with 177,000 copies sold, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
Led by its Billboard Hot 100 No. 1 title track, Thicke’s album also nets the singer his best sales week ever. It easily surpasses his previous largest frame, when 2008’s “Something Else” launched at No. 3 with 137,000.
Thicke’s first album, “A Beautiful World,” was released in April 2003, and spent one week on the chart at No. 152. The set was billed simply to Thicke (not Robin Thicke). His subsequent albums have since carried his full name.
Thicke is the sixth act this year to hit No. 1 more than a decade after their debut album was released. He follows Black Sabbath, Queens of the Stone Age, Daft Punk, Gary Allan and Chris Tomlin. (So far this year, only one artist—A$AP Rocky—has hit No. 1 with their first album.)
Coming in at No. 2 this week is rock band Five Finger Death Punch, which—like Thicke—also claims its best week.
At No. 3 this week is Jay Z’s “Magna Carta . . . Holy Grail,” which slips one rung with 62,000 (down 20%).
Three more arrivals dot the top 10 this week. Two of them start in the top five: Tech N9ne’s “Something Else” at No. 4 (58,000) and Backstreet Boys’ “In a World Like This” at No. 5 (48,000).
“Something Else” is indie rapper Tech N9ne’s 19th charting set and equals his chart peak, claimed when 2011’s “All 6’s & 7’s” also bowed at No. 4. “Something Else,” however, does give Tech N9ne his best sales week, eclipsing the 56,000 debut of “All 6’s.”
Tech N9ne himself is featured on two albums within the top five this week, as he’s also a guest artist on Five Finger Death Punch’s new set at No. 2. He collaborates with the band on a cover of LL Cool J’s “Mama Said Knock You Out.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- 'Roots' Star Anika Noni Rose: 'We Need To Hear About Our Holocaust' [EUR Exclusive]
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- Are Micro-credentials the Next Best Thing for a CV? (Infographic)
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here