*After the role was turned down by Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Cruise, Samuel L. Jackson has been cast as the bad guy in Matthew Vaughn’s “The Secret Service,” an adaptation of a limited comic book series by Mark Millar (“Kick-Ass”) and Dave Gibbons (“Watchmen”).
Jackson joins the two leads – Colin Firth, set to play a veteran spy, and Taron Egerton, his young apprentice, reports Variety.
In the “Secret Service” comic book, a young street tough is taken in by his secret agent uncle and shown a shadowy world few are allowed to see. Together, they uncover a dark conspiracy.
The film hits theaters November 14, 2014.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Donald Sterling Spotted Cursing Out Girlfriend at LA Restaurant
- Tyler Perry Reveals ‘Future Home of Tyler Perry Studios’ (Pic)
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Offers A YEAR of 'Paid Leave' for New Moms and Dads
- Melanie Liburd Joins ‘Game of Thrones’ as The Red Priestess
- Rihanna Hosts Art Gallery Reveal of New Album Cover & Title (Pic)
- Michelle Obama Will Appear on Disney's 'Doc McStuffins'
- Fox News’ Rupert Murdoch Suggests Obama Isn’t a ‘Real Black President’; Apologizes Amid Backlash
- Michel’le Gets Personal with Thinkfactory for New BioPic Partnership
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep3) Fires of Heaven
- Matt Barnes and Derek Fisher Reportedly Brawl Over Gloria Govan
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here