*After the role was turned down by Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Cruise, Samuel L. Jackson has been cast as the bad guy in Matthew Vaughn’s “The Secret Service,” an adaptation of a limited comic book series by Mark Millar (“Kick-Ass”) and Dave Gibbons (“Watchmen”).
Jackson joins the two leads – Colin Firth, set to play a veteran spy, and Taron Egerton, his young apprentice, reports Variety.
In the “Secret Service” comic book, a young street tough is taken in by his secret agent uncle and shown a shadowy world few are allowed to see. Together, they uncover a dark conspiracy.
The film hits theaters November 14, 2014.
- Mr. Robinson Debuts Today, August 5
- Call Her 'Chief': Kim Royster Promoted to Highest Position Ever Held by Black Woman in NYPD
- NAACP Sponsors ‘America’s Journey for Justice’
- Black Male International Relations Student Returns From One Year Study in China
- THE (08-05-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LISTEN to Newcomer Babs Savage's New Hit 'La La' - A Unique Twist on the Delfonic's Classic
- #AaliyahForMAC: Aaliyah Fans Start Petition for MAC Line
- Naomi Campbell Convicted of Assault By Italian Court
- Whites Burst into Black Girl's Birthday Party Holding Confed Flags (Watch)
- Ice & Coco Expecting Baby Girl, Talk is Key to a Successful Marriage (VIDEO)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here