*After the role was turned down by Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Cruise, Samuel L. Jackson has been cast as the bad guy in Matthew Vaughn’s “The Secret Service,” an adaptation of a limited comic book series by Mark Millar (“Kick-Ass”) and Dave Gibbons (“Watchmen”).
Jackson joins the two leads – Colin Firth, set to play a veteran spy, and Taron Egerton, his young apprentice, reports Variety.
In the “Secret Service” comic book, a young street tough is taken in by his secret agent uncle and shown a shadowy world few are allowed to see. Together, they uncover a dark conspiracy.
The film hits theaters November 14, 2014.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Not Impressed: Man Reads Book at Beyonce Concert (WATCH)
- White Woman (Samantha Niemann) Sues Diversity Program for 'Discrimination'
- Larry Wilmore Doesn't Expect to be 'Invited Back' to WHCD
- April Jobs Report: Only 160,000 Positions Added
- Sinead O'Connor Being Sued By Arsenio Hall for Defamation
- Senator Oscar Braynon Presents 4th Choice Challenge
- THE (05-06-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ralph Fiennes and Tilda Swinton Are Tortured Souls in 'A Bigger Splash'
- Ashanti Produces New Film ('Mothers and Daughters') with Superstar Cast (Watch)
- Birdman on 'Respek' Trending & Confronting The Breakfast Club
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here