*After the role was turned down by Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Cruise, Samuel L. Jackson has been cast as the bad guy in Matthew Vaughn’s “The Secret Service,” an adaptation of a limited comic book series by Mark Millar (“Kick-Ass”) and Dave Gibbons (“Watchmen”).
Jackson joins the two leads – Colin Firth, set to play a veteran spy, and Taron Egerton, his young apprentice, reports Variety.
In the “Secret Service” comic book, a young street tough is taken in by his secret agent uncle and shown a shadowy world few are allowed to see. Together, they uncover a dark conspiracy.
The film hits theaters November 14, 2014.
- Usain Bolt Mowed Down by Segway (WATCH)
- Debbie Allen Dance Academy Offers scholarship to an ‘Uplifting Minds II’ Talent on Saturday October 24
- Let's Get Direct! Fail to Win!
- Kevin Craig West’s Starring Role in 'Twilight The StoryTellers -The Groundskeeper' Reaches 3 Million + Facebook Views
- Street Leading to Sandra Bland's Alma Mater Renamed in Her Honor
- Burger King Proposes to McDonalds ... in the Name of Peace
- Had Your Fill Yet?
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts - Black Stars of the Great White Way (Part I)
- Russell Wilson Says God Has Anointed Him and Ciara
- 'WAGS' Star Autumn Ajirotutu on Why She’s Not a Gold-Digger
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here