This franchise that started out to be about harmony and great women in R&B music (Kelly Price, Dawn Robinson, Chante Moore, Michel’le, Claudette Ortiz and Lil’ Mo), has turned into something negative. It’s unfortunate.
Kelly Price had a wonderful idea at the top of the season to put together a show of monologues about the lives of all of the Divas. It was supposed to be positive, revealing and therapeutic. In a surprise twist of events, the show has caused a rift between Kelly Price and Chante Moore because they couldn’t agree on a director for the show.
We are not sure what was going on behind the scenes, but we will find out in a future interview! For now, the only assumption we can make is that the vision did not come together and the group split up to do their own versions of the monologues. The duo used Broadway In The Hood Director, Torrey Russell, who also works with Maya Angelou.
Kelly Price and Dawn Robinson released a sneak peek of the 1 night only show they put on Saturday, April 20th.
On Saturday April 20, 2013 In a one night only presentation to an exclusive audience in Hollywood, Ca. Dawn Robinson and Kelly Price bared their souls and told things about their lives and careers that had never been spoken in public before. Shared through dramatic monologues and songs written and performed by the ladies it was an emotional roller coaster of hearty laughter mixed with intense cries. Directed By Torrey Russell (Maya Angelou, Broadway In The Hood) with Musical Direction by Grammy winning producer Anthony Shep Crawford Not Your Mama’s Monologues doesn’t disappoint. We look forward to the full production of this theatrical jewel coming to the stage in theaters soon!
Sorry to hear that it did not work out between the ladies. Apparently, Chante, Mo’, Claudette and Michel’le performed their version of monologues with director Fred Thomas, at a different venue. We will keep you posted when we get more details. So Sad.
Watch the teaser below:
This story was first published at CNikky.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Nivea Dishes about Her Feelings on Lil Wayne, Christina Milian (Watch)
- Akon and His Mother Owes $36K for Pimped Out Mansion
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here