*Shondaland, the production company behind “Scandal” and “Grey’s Anatomy” – founded by Shonda Rhimes and co-run with Betsy Beers – has set up its fourth project this development season.
According to Deadline.com, ABC has put in development “How To Get Away With Murder,” from Shondaland and ABC Studios, where the company is based. Written by “Grey’s Anatomy” supervising producer Peter Nowalk, the drama is described as a sexy, suspense-driven legal thriller about a group of ambitious law students and their brilliant, mysterious criminal defense professor who become entangled in a murder plot that will rock their entire university and change the course of their lives.
This is the second consecutive second year that Shondaland is developing with Nowalk, who has been on Rhimes’ “Grey’s Anatomy” since 2008. Last fall, the company sold an FBI drama penned by Nowalk to NBC.
“How To Get Away With Murder” joins three other projects Shondaland has sold to ABC so far this summer, dramas from “Mistresses” developer/executive producer KJ Steinberg and “Made In Jersey” creator Dana Calvo, and a comedy from “Cougar Town” co-executive producers Christine Pietrosh and Jessica Goldstein.
- Brown Family Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice (Report)
- Bobby Brown Vows 'Justice' Over Bobbi Kristina’s Leaked Hospice Pic (Watch)
- Serena Beats Sister Venus, Advances to Wimbledon Quarterfinals
- Misty Copeland to Make Broadway Debut in ‘On the Town’
- WATCH: Bruno Mars and the Obamas Jam to 'Uptown Funk' on July 4th at the White House
- Amari Brown, 7, Shot and Killed While Watching 4th of July Fireworks!
- DeVon Franklin Answers Critics of Wife Megan Good’s Sexy Clothes
- 'Empire' Star Jussie Smollett Honored by Black AIDS Institute (WATCH)
- Donny Osmond on Singing with Janet Jackson and Stevie Wonder
- Malia Obama Joins HBO's ‘Girls’ with Summer Internship
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here