*Shondaland, the production company behind “Scandal” and “Grey’s Anatomy” – founded by Shonda Rhimes and co-run with Betsy Beers – has set up its fourth project this development season.
According to Deadline.com, ABC has put in development “How To Get Away With Murder,” from Shondaland and ABC Studios, where the company is based. Written by “Grey’s Anatomy” supervising producer Peter Nowalk, the drama is described as a sexy, suspense-driven legal thriller about a group of ambitious law students and their brilliant, mysterious criminal defense professor who become entangled in a murder plot that will rock their entire university and change the course of their lives.
This is the second consecutive second year that Shondaland is developing with Nowalk, who has been on Rhimes’ “Grey’s Anatomy” since 2008. Last fall, the company sold an FBI drama penned by Nowalk to NBC.
“How To Get Away With Murder” joins three other projects Shondaland has sold to ABC so far this summer, dramas from “Mistresses” developer/executive producer KJ Steinberg and “Made In Jersey” creator Dana Calvo, and a comedy from “Cougar Town” co-executive producers Christine Pietrosh and Jessica Goldstein.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Black Male Valedictorian, Straight A Student, Barred from Walking Grad Stage
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here