*Shondaland, the production company behind “Scandal” and “Grey’s Anatomy” – founded by Shonda Rhimes and co-run with Betsy Beers – has set up its fourth project this development season.
According to Deadline.com, ABC has put in development “How To Get Away With Murder,” from Shondaland and ABC Studios, where the company is based. Written by “Grey’s Anatomy” supervising producer Peter Nowalk, the drama is described as a sexy, suspense-driven legal thriller about a group of ambitious law students and their brilliant, mysterious criminal defense professor who become entangled in a murder plot that will rock their entire university and change the course of their lives.
This is the second consecutive second year that Shondaland is developing with Nowalk, who has been on Rhimes’ “Grey’s Anatomy” since 2008. Last fall, the company sold an FBI drama penned by Nowalk to NBC.
“How To Get Away With Murder” joins three other projects Shondaland has sold to ABC so far this summer, dramas from “Mistresses” developer/executive producer KJ Steinberg and “Made In Jersey” creator Dana Calvo, and a comedy from “Cougar Town” co-executive producers Christine Pietrosh and Jessica Goldstein.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Nigga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Nigga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here