*Shondaland, the production company behind “Scandal” and “Grey’s Anatomy” – founded by Shonda Rhimes and co-run with Betsy Beers – has set up its fourth project this development season.
According to Deadline.com, ABC has put in development “How To Get Away With Murder,” from Shondaland and ABC Studios, where the company is based. Written by “Grey’s Anatomy” supervising producer Peter Nowalk, the drama is described as a sexy, suspense-driven legal thriller about a group of ambitious law students and their brilliant, mysterious criminal defense professor who become entangled in a murder plot that will rock their entire university and change the course of their lives.
This is the second consecutive second year that Shondaland is developing with Nowalk, who has been on Rhimes’ “Grey’s Anatomy” since 2008. Last fall, the company sold an FBI drama penned by Nowalk to NBC.
“How To Get Away With Murder” joins three other projects Shondaland has sold to ABC so far this summer, dramas from “Mistresses” developer/executive producer KJ Steinberg and “Made In Jersey” creator Dana Calvo, and a comedy from “Cougar Town” co-executive producers Christine Pietrosh and Jessica Goldstein.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Is Jada Pinkett Smith on Her Way Back to ‘Gotham’?
- Judge Gives 20 Min Speech to Racist Cop Caught Beating Unarmed Black Man (Watch)
- Kalenna, Star of 'Love and Hip Hop' to Mingle With Fans
- The Case of Bobbi Kristina Brown 'Still Open and Under Investigation'
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- TV One Boldly Launches New Brand Identity 'Represent'
- Bounce TV's Black History Month Tributes a Stirring Line-up
- Pantene Enlists NFL Players for Dad and Daughter Hair Campaign [WATCH]
- The Complete List of Winners from the 47th NAACP Image Awards
- Woman Crashes Own Funeral, Shocking Husband Who Paid to Have Her Killed
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here