*Although paps caught Beyonce on Thursday in either a wig or extensions back in her hair (rocking a short angled bob in Miami on Thursday – see pic above) – the singer’s new pixie cut has catapulted the entertainer back into Billboard’s Social 50 chart following a three week absence.
The Social 50 ranks the most popular artists on YouTube, Vevo, Facebook, Twitter, SoundCloud, Wikipedia, Myspace and Instagram. The chart’s methodology blends weekly additions of friends/fans/followers along with artist page views, song plays and reactions as measured by music analytics company Next Big Sound.
Following the Aug. 7 conclusion of the North American leg of her Mrs. Carter Show world tour, Beyonce posted several photos to her Instagram account, showing off a significantly shorter head of hair. Fans were immediately sent into a frenzy, igniting an online storm of discussion and debate.
As previously reported by Billboard, opinions on the shear have ranged from praiseworthy support to fierce backlash. The reasons for the fans’ fervent reaction, as pointed out in a piece for The Atlantic, have a lot to do with Beyonce’s effective way of building buzz around tightly controlled, intimate messages which stand out when contrasted to her image of fierce perfection.
Each of the three pictures (posted within minutes of one another) have received between 325,000 and 400,000 likes a piece, ushering in 199,000 new followers for Beyonce on Instagram in the week ending Aug. 11, a 9% increase over the previous week. The total contributed to a 119% increase in weekly fan acquisition across the board, with 653,000 added.
- EUR Tech Review: Samsung 2015: The Note 5 and Galaxy S6 Plus (VIDEO)
- The Truth About Coffee and the Diabetes Risk
- THE (08-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Usain Bolt Mowed Down by Segway (WATCH)
- Debbie Allen Dance Academy Offers scholarship to an ‘Uplifting Minds II’ Talent on Saturday October 24
- Let's Get Direct! Fail to Win!
- Kevin Craig West’s Starring Role in 'Twilight The StoryTellers -The Groundskeeper' Reaches 3 Million + Facebook Views
- Street Leading to Sandra Bland's Alma Mater Renamed in Her Honor
- Burger King Proposes to McDonalds ... in the Name of Peace
- Had Your Fill Yet?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here