*After months of speculation, Jennifer Lopez’s boyfriend let the cat out of the bag.
Asked whether she is returning to “American Idol” for its 13th season, Casper Smart replied: “Yes.”
The problem? Fox has yet to make any announcement about Lopez’s return. Oops.
Sources are also confirming to Us Weekly that the 44-year-old entertainer will return to the singing competition, where she served as a judge for two previous seasons in 2011 and 2012.
J-Lo will join fellow musician Keith Urban, who has already signed on for another consecutive year. “I can’t talk too much about it . . . I will confirm one thing is Keith [Urban] is gonna return to the show,” FOX chairman Kevin Reilly announced at the 2013 Summer TCA Press Tour in early August.
He added: “Keith did a great job last year, the fans really liked him. Keith’s a really funny guy . . .”
The “Live It Up” singer’s rejoining of the singing competition follows the departures of Season 12 judges, Nicki Minaj, Mariah Carey and veteran judge Randy Jackson. Jackson announced his exit in May, while Carey and Minaj followed suit later in the month.
Auditions are currently underway for Season 13 of “American Idol.” A third judge has not yet been determined.
- Why Aren't Our Black Celebrities Supporting Black Theatre ... Financially?
- Bobby Shmurda's Girlfriend Busted Smuggling Shank Into Rikers
- B.Scott Accompanies Laverne Cox to BET Awards
- Nick Cannon Weighs in on Mariah Carey and her New Man
- Jason Derulo Misjudged Potential of New Song ‘Want to Want Me’
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Emmitt Smith Backs Out of Judging Miss USA Pageant
- Serena, Venus Advance at Wimbledon, One Step Closer to Facing Each Other
- SF 49er RB Reggie Bush Puts MI Home on Market for $2.4M (Pics)
- NeNe Leakes, Betty White, Anthony Anderson Lead ABC’s ‘To Tell the Truth’ Reboot
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here