*Trayvon Martin‘s mother, Sybrina Fulton, collaborated with gospel artist T-D.O.G.G. for the song “Joy in the Morning,” a song that hopes to help other families who’ve lost loved ones due to “senseless gun violence.”
Trayvon Martin’s parents have been adamant about repealing Stand Your Ground laws since Zimmerman was found not guilty.
Earlier this week, Fulton took a stand against New York’s stop-and-frisk policy.
Fulton isn’t singing or rapping on the track but does provide messages of encouragement on the introduction and outro of the song.
She ends the song with this heartfelt message:
“No matter what you do, always know God is in control. You must always stay encouraged and hold your head high. I am glad to know that my angel Trayvon is watching over me and a peace of my heart is in heaven.”
She debuted the song Tuesday on South Florida radio station Hot 105. T-D.O.G.G. was inspired to create the song after watching Trayvon’s mother on a number of media interviews following the death of her son and noticed the “sadness” in her face.
“I went back and watched her segments on TV and said ‘I’m going to step outside of myself and see what she would be feeling,'” T-D.O.G.G said.
Watch this video report:
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Watch Obama Meet Woman Named Weezy and Break Into ‘Jeffersons’ Theme Song
- Queen Latifah Moved By Her Own ‘Bessie’ Performance: I ‘Made Myself Cry’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here