*Trayvon Martin‘s mother, Sybrina Fulton, collaborated with gospel artist T-D.O.G.G. for the song “Joy in the Morning,” a song that hopes to help other families who’ve lost loved ones due to “senseless gun violence.”
Trayvon Martin’s parents have been adamant about repealing Stand Your Ground laws since Zimmerman was found not guilty.
Earlier this week, Fulton took a stand against New York’s stop-and-frisk policy.
Fulton isn’t singing or rapping on the track but does provide messages of encouragement on the introduction and outro of the song.
She ends the song with this heartfelt message:
“No matter what you do, always know God is in control. You must always stay encouraged and hold your head high. I am glad to know that my angel Trayvon is watching over me and a peace of my heart is in heaven.”
She debuted the song Tuesday on South Florida radio station Hot 105. T-D.O.G.G. was inspired to create the song after watching Trayvon’s mother on a number of media interviews following the death of her son and noticed the “sadness” in her face.
“I went back and watched her segments on TV and said ‘I’m going to step outside of myself and see what she would be feeling,'” T-D.O.G.G said.
Watch this video report:
- Deya Gets Direct with Single Men (WATCH)
- Kendrick Lamar Responds to Geraldo Rivera's Crazy Criticism
- BET Awards Fashion on Fleek (Watch)
- ‘Star Trek's’ George Takei: Clarence Thomas is ‘A Clown in Blackface’ (WATCH)
- Shocking Radiation Experiments on Black Children Left Holes in Head (Watch)
- Lupita Nyong’o Joins the Fight Against Elephant Poaching
- Tiger Woods in Denial Mode About Affair with Fellow Golfer’s Ex-Wife
- Jesse Jackson Blasts Twitter for Lack of Black and Minority Employees
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- Dwyane Wade Resigns with the Miami Heat.
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here