*Trayvon Martin‘s mother, Sybrina Fulton, collaborated with gospel artist T-D.O.G.G. for the song “Joy in the Morning,” a song that hopes to help other families who’ve lost loved ones due to “senseless gun violence.”
Trayvon Martin’s parents have been adamant about repealing Stand Your Ground laws since Zimmerman was found not guilty.
Earlier this week, Fulton took a stand against New York’s stop-and-frisk policy.
Fulton isn’t singing or rapping on the track but does provide messages of encouragement on the introduction and outro of the song.
She ends the song with this heartfelt message:
“No matter what you do, always know God is in control. You must always stay encouraged and hold your head high. I am glad to know that my angel Trayvon is watching over me and a peace of my heart is in heaven.”
She debuted the song Tuesday on South Florida radio station Hot 105. T-D.O.G.G. was inspired to create the song after watching Trayvon’s mother on a number of media interviews following the death of her son and noticed the “sadness” in her face.
“I went back and watched her segments on TV and said ‘I’m going to step outside of myself and see what she would be feeling,'” T-D.O.G.G said.
Watch this video report:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Black Lives Matter Echoes the Evolution of Black Panther Party
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- THE (05-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Blac Chyna and Rob K Stand to Make $1 Million for Bay Pics
- Beyoncé Earns Big for Tidal, Superjam 2016 Lineup Announced
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here