*Trayvon Martin‘s mother, Sybrina Fulton, collaborated with gospel artist T-D.O.G.G. for the song “Joy in the Morning,” a song that hopes to help other families who’ve lost loved ones due to “senseless gun violence.”
Trayvon Martin’s parents have been adamant about repealing Stand Your Ground laws since Zimmerman was found not guilty.
Earlier this week, Fulton took a stand against New York’s stop-and-frisk policy.
Fulton isn’t singing or rapping on the track but does provide messages of encouragement on the introduction and outro of the song.
She ends the song with this heartfelt message:
“No matter what you do, always know God is in control. You must always stay encouraged and hold your head high. I am glad to know that my angel Trayvon is watching over me and a peace of my heart is in heaven.”
She debuted the song Tuesday on South Florida radio station Hot 105. T-D.O.G.G. was inspired to create the song after watching Trayvon’s mother on a number of media interviews following the death of her son and noticed the “sadness” in her face.
“I went back and watched her segments on TV and said ‘I’m going to step outside of myself and see what she would be feeling,'” T-D.O.G.G said.
Watch this video report:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here