*Trayvon Martin‘s mother, Sybrina Fulton, collaborated with gospel artist T-D.O.G.G. for the song “Joy in the Morning,” a song that hopes to help other families who’ve lost loved ones due to “senseless gun violence.”
Trayvon Martin’s parents have been adamant about repealing Stand Your Ground laws since Zimmerman was found not guilty.
Earlier this week, Fulton took a stand against New York’s stop-and-frisk policy.
Fulton isn’t singing or rapping on the track but does provide messages of encouragement on the introduction and outro of the song.
She ends the song with this heartfelt message:
“No matter what you do, always know God is in control. You must always stay encouraged and hold your head high. I am glad to know that my angel Trayvon is watching over me and a peace of my heart is in heaven.”
She debuted the song Tuesday on South Florida radio station Hot 105. T-D.O.G.G. was inspired to create the song after watching Trayvon’s mother on a number of media interviews following the death of her son and noticed the “sadness” in her face.
“I went back and watched her segments on TV and said ‘I’m going to step outside of myself and see what she would be feeling,'” T-D.O.G.G said.
Watch this video report:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Theodore 'Ted' Myles Terry's 'Turn Me Loose' (Life & Times of Dick Gregory) a Success
- Ringside Update/ Thurman vs Porter A Clash of Young Titans
- EUR EXCLUSIVE: 'The Legend of Tarzan' Press Junket
- THE (06-29-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- The Legends of Bad A** Women: 'Tarzan' Ain't the Only One with a Jane
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Trailer Features 'Sledgehammer' from Rihanna (WATCH)
- Jennifer Hudson Signs W/ Epic Records
- Stacey Dash Announces Her Own Political Party, 'Dash America'
- Trick Daddy is Spitting Mad ... About Some Woman in Viral Video
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here