*Three days after her son Usher V nearly drowned in a pool accident at her ex-husband Usher’s Atlanta home on Monday (Aug. 5), Tameka Foster shared a picture on Instagram of his recovery in the hospital.
“My favorite 5 year old. What a blessing!” she wrote as the caption. “I have always loved and appreciated my sons but tragedies and close calls make this even more evident. URV had an angel named Kile Ishmael and our Lord and true savior to look after him. Words cannot express the relief and how thankful to God I truly am. Thank you Jehovah God, Jesus and Kile . . . also The AV worker that saved my son is my Hero!!! Period.”
Foster’s 11-year-old son Kile Glover, Usher’s stepson, was fatally struck in the head by a jet ski in July 2012. She and Usher, who divorced in November 2009, are also parents to son Naviyd, 4.
In the hospital photo, Foster, 42, cuddles son Usher V in her lap. She also shared a picture of a big bouquet of balloons by his bedside. Earlier in the day the celebrity stylist tweeted, “I’m very happy this morning, my son is resting well . . . we had a SpongeBob marathon ALLL night, he wouldn’t go to sleep! Thank u 4 the prayers.”
Usher V was hospitalized at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Hospital on Monday after nearly drowning when his arm got caught in the drain of his dad’s swimming pool. Usher was not home at the time, and his son was being looked after by an aunt. After the aunt and a maid were unable to free the little boy from the drain, two male contractors working at the home jumped in the pool to save him.
Shortly after the incident, Foster requested an emergency hearing to regain primary custody of her two children from Usher, 34. The hearing will take place today (Aug. 9).
“Her concern is more about how he prefers to leave them with third-party caregivers, over her. She wants to be able to take care of the kids while he’s gone,” Foster’s attorney, Angela Kinley, told CNN on Thursday. “It’s not about the money. Tameka still gets child support payments. She wants the kids to be with her, or with Usher. This pool incident, she says, brought the whole incident to a head, and was the impetus to file the emergency motion which will be heard Friday.”
On Thursday, Usher released a statement to Us Weekly addressing the accident: “I am blessed and fortunate to say that my son Usher V is doing well and is recovering. I am overwhelmed by the outpouring of prayers, love and support for my family’s well-being. I would like to thank my Aunt Rena as well as the doctors and nurses who are working with us around the clock. I would especially like to thank the two men who saved my son’s life, Eugene Stachurski and Ben Crews. They are true heroes and I am deeply grateful to them.”
- Kobe and Shaq Squash Years Long Beef on Podcast (LISTEN)
- ‘Compton’ Three-Peats at No. 1; ‘War Room’ Captures Faith-Based Crowd With $11 Mil Debut
- THE (08-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kanye to Run for President, Revisits Taylor Swift Hijack (WATCH)
- Snoop Dogg Reinterpreted As European Noblemen [LOOK!]
- Watch: Today You Wouldn't Recognize the Little Boy from 'Katrina' (Hint: He's Now a Grown ... Woman!)
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Tiffany Pollard and Her Mother Set to Appear on VH1’s 'Family Therapy'
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here