This technique of MLK’s illustration was inspired by my watching young Cameroonian artists at work in Yaoundé, Cameroon, West Africa spending so much time using the Pointillism technique of painting to create beautiful portraits and illustrations mostly in black and white. This was during my first visit in 2010.
Every African-American may not end up being the president of the United States of America, but since the speech 50 years ago, dreams have come true for many, such as successful talk show hosts, CEO’s of companies, philanthropists, singers and musicians, entertainers, educationists, governors, painters, illustrators/comic artists, publishers, news anchor men and women, journalists, politicians/ambassadors, giant and small screen actors, business men and women, inventors … and the list goes on.
TAYO Fatunla is an award winning Nigerian Comic Artist and illustrator, Cartoon Tutor and Editorial cartoonist. He is also a contributor to EURweb.com. Visit TAYO at: www.tayofatunla.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Sinead O'Connor Being Sued By Arsenio Hall for Defamation
- Senator Oscar Braynon Presents 4th Choice Challenge
- THE (05-06-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ralph Fiennes and Tilda Swinton Are Tortured Souls in 'A Bigger Splash'
- Ashanti Produces New Film ('Mothers and Daughters') with Superstar Cast (Watch)
- Birdman on 'Respek' Trending & Confronting The Breakfast Club
- Report Says Percocet Found in Prince's System
- Rappers Arrested for Credit Card Fraud after Rapping about Crimes in Songs
- L. A. City Hall Salutes 'Prince' on Friday, May 6, (Open to Public FREE)
- Alicia Keys Drops New Single - Ellen's $10,000 Gift to Dance Crew (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here