*Terrence Howard’s ex-wife Michelle Ghent secured a restraining order against him in Los Angeles Tuesday after accusing him of domestic violence.
Ghent, who showed up to court with a black eye, was granted a temporary protection order preventing the actor from coming within 100 yards of her, after claiming he beat her during an argument in Costa Rica last week.
Terrence is also not allowed to make contact with Michelle in any way and his own request for a restraining order was not granted, according to TMZ.
The judge discussed with her lawyer text messages that Michelle sent Terrence, in which she allegedly threatened to kill him and his family in May. Ghent’s lawyer argued the content was misleading and incomplete.
Ghent’s black eye, visible in the photo above, was not mentioned in court, and the judge assured Howard’s lawyer that his side of the story would be the focus of the next hearing.
The 44-year-old actor, who has three adult children, previously said he is ”heartbroken” over the domestic abuse allegations and strongly denies attacking Michelle.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- 'Natural' Black Bride Goes Viral - The Game Taunts Chris Brown
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Miramax Acquires Whitney Doc, Johnnie Cochran Film Finds Director
- Fewer Sex Partners Leads To Divorce, Nick Young & Iggy Azalea 'Split' | BHL's This Week (WATCH)
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here