*Terrence Howard’s ex-wife Michelle Ghent secured a restraining order against him in Los Angeles Tuesday after accusing him of domestic violence.
Ghent, who showed up to court with a black eye, was granted a temporary protection order preventing the actor from coming within 100 yards of her, after claiming he beat her during an argument in Costa Rica last week.
Terrence is also not allowed to make contact with Michelle in any way and his own request for a restraining order was not granted, according to TMZ.
The judge discussed with her lawyer text messages that Michelle sent Terrence, in which she allegedly threatened to kill him and his family in May. Ghent’s lawyer argued the content was misleading and incomplete.
Ghent’s black eye, visible in the photo above, was not mentioned in court, and the judge assured Howard’s lawyer that his side of the story would be the focus of the next hearing.
The 44-year-old actor, who has three adult children, previously said he is ”heartbroken” over the domestic abuse allegations and strongly denies attacking Michelle.
- The Socialist's Journal: The Value of Lives (Cecil the Lion)
- Min. Paul Scott/Straight Outta Con Man: Exposin’ the Truth About NWA
- 'Straight Outta Compton' Cast Talks' Straight Outta Compton' (Watch)
- Karen Clark Sheard Drops Highly Anticipated New Release 'Destined to Win'
- THE (08-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Raynette Turner's Death Leads to Probe by State Appointed Special Prosecutor
- Snoop Dogg Has Over $200K Seized at Italian Airport
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here