Speaking with AmericanPreacher.com, Pastor A.J. Aamir of Waco, TX explained why he told his flock that weaves are unacceptable.
The Resurrecting Faith church leader’s philosophy is that the weaves present a false image of women. On top of that, he says they reflect a low self-esteem image for women.
“Our black women are getting weaves trying to be something and someone they are not. Be real with yourself is all I’m saying” said Pastor Aamir.
Interestingly, Pastor Aamir grew up in a strict Islamic household, so one shouldn’t be surprised at his attitude. He says that women should focus more on developing their minds, not just focusing on their appearance.
“Long hair don’t care. What kind of mess is that? I don’t want my members so focused on what’s on their heads and not IN their heads.”
“I lead a church where our members are struggling financially. I mean really struggling. “Yet, a 26 year old mother in my church has a $300 weave on her head. NO. I will not be quiet about this.”
Is Pastor Aamir correct to tell women what they can and cannot wear in church?
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- No Designers Wanted to Dress Leslie Jones for 'Ghostbusters' Red Carpet
- Drake Struggles With 'Work Banter' in Cut ‘SNL’ Sketch (Watch)
- Stranger Defends Teen Harassed for Selling Candy Outside Target (Watch)
- Chris Brown Responds to Recent Exits from ‘People Claiming to Be My Team’
- Shirley Caesar Receives Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame (Watch Full Ceremony)
- Tyrese Gibson Back as Robert Epps for ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’
- Nate Parker to Receive Sundance Institute’s Vanguard Award
- Idris Elba, Freida Pinto Set for John Ridley’s Showtime Miniseries ‘Guerrilla’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here