Speaking with AmericanPreacher.com, Pastor A.J. Aamir of Waco, TX explained why he told his flock that weaves are unacceptable.
The Resurrecting Faith church leader’s philosophy is that the weaves present a false image of women. On top of that, he says they reflect a low self-esteem image for women.
“Our black women are getting weaves trying to be something and someone they are not. Be real with yourself is all I’m saying” said Pastor Aamir.
Interestingly, Pastor Aamir grew up in a strict Islamic household, so one shouldn’t be surprised at his attitude. He says that women should focus more on developing their minds, not just focusing on their appearance.
“Long hair don’t care. What kind of mess is that? I don’t want my members so focused on what’s on their heads and not IN their heads.”
“I lead a church where our members are struggling financially. I mean really struggling. “Yet, a 26 year old mother in my church has a $300 weave on her head. NO. I will not be quiet about this.”
Is Pastor Aamir correct to tell women what they can and cannot wear in church?
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jada Pinkett-Smith Addresses Idris Elba's 'Beasts' Oscar Snub
- Aaron Neville Brings His Quintet to Santa Monica ... and Shares His 'True Story' With EURweb
- For My Animal Loving Friends, Check Out This Unlikely Pair! (Watch)
- Toronto Councillor Want Beyonce Investigated for Black Panther Ties
- He Used to Walk 21-Miles to Work, Now He Drives & is Overweight
- Malcolm Jamal Warner on Ride-Or-Die Friendship Between OJ and AC (Exclusive)
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Grammys: Ice Cube & Son to Present; Miguel to Sing 'She's Out Of My Life'
- Yolanda Adams Added to Fox’s Live Musical ‘The Passion’
- Lance Stephenson Drags Ex K. Michelle Over ‘Down in the DM’ Remix
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here