Speaking with AmericanPreacher.com, Pastor A.J. Aamir of Waco, TX explained why he told his flock that weaves are unacceptable.
The Resurrecting Faith church leader’s philosophy is that the weaves present a false image of women. On top of that, he says they reflect a low self-esteem image for women.
“Our black women are getting weaves trying to be something and someone they are not. Be real with yourself is all I’m saying” said Pastor Aamir.
Interestingly, Pastor Aamir grew up in a strict Islamic household, so one shouldn’t be surprised at his attitude. He says that women should focus more on developing their minds, not just focusing on their appearance.
“Long hair don’t care. What kind of mess is that? I don’t want my members so focused on what’s on their heads and not IN their heads.”
“I lead a church where our members are struggling financially. I mean really struggling. “Yet, a 26 year old mother in my church has a $300 weave on her head. NO. I will not be quiet about this.”
Is Pastor Aamir correct to tell women what they can and cannot wear in church?
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Larry Wilmore on Hosting Final WHCD Under Obama: ‘I’m Very Nervous’
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here