Speaking with AmericanPreacher.com, Pastor A.J. Aamir of Waco, TX explained why he told his flock that weaves are unacceptable.
The Resurrecting Faith church leader’s philosophy is that the weaves present a false image of women. On top of that, he says they reflect a low self-esteem image for women.
“Our black women are getting weaves trying to be something and someone they are not. Be real with yourself is all I’m saying” said Pastor Aamir.
Interestingly, Pastor Aamir grew up in a strict Islamic household, so one shouldn’t be surprised at his attitude. He says that women should focus more on developing their minds, not just focusing on their appearance.
“Long hair don’t care. What kind of mess is that? I don’t want my members so focused on what’s on their heads and not IN their heads.”
“I lead a church where our members are struggling financially. I mean really struggling. “Yet, a 26 year old mother in my church has a $300 weave on her head. NO. I will not be quiet about this.”
Is Pastor Aamir correct to tell women what they can and cannot wear in church?
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Chrissy Teigen’s Planned Parenthood Comments Spark Twitter Beef
- Kym Whitley: Inspiring Adoptive Parents While 'Building Memories' [EUR Exclusive]
- Must See! Tracee Ellis Ross Sings with Mom Diana in 'Vegas (WATCH)
- Watch: Mr. 'N*ggers Gotta Learn How to Read' Resigns Police Chief Gig (After Only One week!)
- NYC Cabbie: Roker Snub a ‘Misunderstanding’; Peele & Peretti Get Engaged
- Black Pastors Dispute Donald Trump’s Endorsement Claim for Meeting
- How the #BLM Movement Stays Alive & Effective Outside Spotlight
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here