Speaking with AmericanPreacher.com, Pastor A.J. Aamir of Waco, TX explained why he told his flock that weaves are unacceptable.
The Resurrecting Faith church leader’s philosophy is that the weaves present a false image of women. On top of that, he says they reflect a low self-esteem image for women.
“Our black women are getting weaves trying to be something and someone they are not. Be real with yourself is all I’m saying” said Pastor Aamir.
Interestingly, Pastor Aamir grew up in a strict Islamic household, so one shouldn’t be surprised at his attitude. He says that women should focus more on developing their minds, not just focusing on their appearance.
“Long hair don’t care. What kind of mess is that? I don’t want my members so focused on what’s on their heads and not IN their heads.”
“I lead a church where our members are struggling financially. I mean really struggling. “Yet, a 26 year old mother in my church has a $300 weave on her head. NO. I will not be quiet about this.”
Is Pastor Aamir correct to tell women what they can and cannot wear in church?
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Black Lives Matter Echoes the Evolution of Black Panther Party
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- THE (05-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Blac Chyna and Rob K Stand to Make $1 Million for Bay Pics
- Beyoncé Earns Big for Tidal, Superjam 2016 Lineup Announced
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here