*It looks like “The Butler” a/k/a “Lee Daniels’ The Butler,” is poised to serve up another win at the box office this weekend.
If projections are correct, the Lee Daniels-directed film should find itself in the top spot again during its second weekend in theaters, collecting at least $18 million, according to those who have seen pre-release audience surveys, reports The Envelope.
But what about new competition? Well, of the three new films at the box office, none are poised to much damage, if any, to “The Butler.”
“The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones,” a teen-aimed fantasy flick based on a popular young adult novel, opened Wednesday in an effort to generate positive buzz before the weekend. It doesn’t appear to be working. So far it’s only brought in $3 million. Its total weekend take is expected to be about $14 million.
The new film, “Mortal Instruments” will likely gross between $8 million and $10 million between Friday and Sunday, the same amount the British comedy “The World’s End” and the horror film “You’re Next” are expected to start off with.
You can read/learn MORE at The Envelope.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Regina King, Idris Elba, Ice Cube among Flood of Black Talent Invited Into Academy (See List)
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- The Africa Channel Launches Ubuntu Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here