*It looks like “The Butler” a/k/a “Lee Daniels’ The Butler,” is poised to serve up another win at the box office this weekend.
If projections are correct, the Lee Daniels-directed film should find itself in the top spot again during its second weekend in theaters, collecting at least $18 million, according to those who have seen pre-release audience surveys, reports The Envelope.
But what about new competition? Well, of the three new films at the box office, none are poised to much damage, if any, to “The Butler.”
“The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones,” a teen-aimed fantasy flick based on a popular young adult novel, opened Wednesday in an effort to generate positive buzz before the weekend. It doesn’t appear to be working. So far it’s only brought in $3 million. Its total weekend take is expected to be about $14 million.
The new film, “Mortal Instruments” will likely gross between $8 million and $10 million between Friday and Sunday, the same amount the British comedy “The World’s End” and the horror film “You’re Next” are expected to start off with.
You can read/learn MORE at The Envelope.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Video Shows Raven-Symone Didn't Get 'Slapped Upside the Chest' (WATCH)
- VIDEO: Who will President Obama Pick to Replace Justice Scalia?
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here