*It looks like “The Butler” a/k/a “Lee Daniels’ The Butler,” is poised to serve up another win at the box office this weekend.
If projections are correct, the Lee Daniels-directed film should find itself in the top spot again during its second weekend in theaters, collecting at least $18 million, according to those who have seen pre-release audience surveys, reports The Envelope.
But what about new competition? Well, of the three new films at the box office, none are poised to much damage, if any, to “The Butler.”
“The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones,” a teen-aimed fantasy flick based on a popular young adult novel, opened Wednesday in an effort to generate positive buzz before the weekend. It doesn’t appear to be working. So far it’s only brought in $3 million. Its total weekend take is expected to be about $14 million.
The new film, “Mortal Instruments” will likely gross between $8 million and $10 million between Friday and Sunday, the same amount the British comedy “The World’s End” and the horror film “You’re Next” are expected to start off with.
You can read/learn MORE at The Envelope.
- Snoop Dogg Has Over $200K Seized at Italian Airport
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Melba Moore Defends Bill Cosby: 'Nobody's Perfect' (WATCH)
- Bobby Brown's Wife Alicia Etheredge Suffers Seizure After Funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Hump Nails: Yay or Hell to the Nah! (Provide Your Own Fun Captions for Jellybean Win!)
- Ice-T & Coco Talk New Baby, New Talk Show and Breeding Out Racism
- Drama Developing: Bobbi Kristina Casket Pic Sold for Over $100K
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here