*It looks like “The Butler” a/k/a “Lee Daniels’ The Butler,” is poised to serve up another win at the box office this weekend.
If projections are correct, the Lee Daniels-directed film should find itself in the top spot again during its second weekend in theaters, collecting at least $18 million, according to those who have seen pre-release audience surveys, reports The Envelope.
But what about new competition? Well, of the three new films at the box office, none are poised to much damage, if any, to “The Butler.”
“The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones,” a teen-aimed fantasy flick based on a popular young adult novel, opened Wednesday in an effort to generate positive buzz before the weekend. It doesn’t appear to be working. So far it’s only brought in $3 million. Its total weekend take is expected to be about $14 million.
The new film, “Mortal Instruments” will likely gross between $8 million and $10 million between Friday and Sunday, the same amount the British comedy “The World’s End” and the horror film “You’re Next” are expected to start off with.
You can read/learn MORE at The Envelope.
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Wendy Williams ‘Disappointed’ in Nicki Minaj Checking Miley Cyrus (Watch)
- Deborah Cox Joins Off-Broadway Play about Transgender Identity
- Farrah Franklin (Destiny's Child) Officially Debuts with Sexy New Single: 'Magic and Makeup'
- Black Family Says They Received Racist Threats During Camping Trip
- Prosecutors to Seek Death Penalty for Charleston Church Shooter
- Soul of the US Open: Serena Williams Survives Nuisance Nederlander; Venus Takes Step Two Toward Spoiling Sister's Slam Bid
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here