*Cleveland, Ohio – The Official R&B Music Hall of Fame is set and ready to induct the best of the best of rhythm & blues music into the 2013 inaugural class: The Temptations, The Four Tops, Jackie Wilson and The O’Jays.
In addition to those four heavyweights, the inaugural class of the R&B Music Hall of Fame inductees also includes James Brown, The Dramatics, Otis Redding, The Dazz Band, Little Willie John, The Supremes, The Hesitations, Little Jimmy Scott, The , Gerald Levert, The Marvelettes and , among many others.
The Official R&B Music Hall of Fame’s inaugural induction ceremony will take place on Saturday August 17, 2013, at the Cleveland State University at Waetjen Auditorium. All tickets are all sold out for this event.
Performing that evening will be The Dramatics starring Willie Ford, The The Hesitations, The Dynamic Superiors, The Motor City Hitzville Revue, The Original Vandellas, The Love Unlimited Tribute Band and The Stubbs Girls from Detroit, Michigan.
Organizers are looking to build in the Rock & Roll City of Cleveland or the Motown City of Detroit, Michigan. The $15M state-of-the-art Official R&B Music Hall of Fame Museum will be the first of it’s kind in the world to honor R&B legends. The groundbreaking is planned once a city is pick.
For now, a mobile exhibit tours the country. Visit RBHallofFame.com to see the complete inaugural roster of honorees.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here