*Joy Behar’s seat isn’t even cold yet on “The View,” and ABC is already putting out the first official co-host photo with her replacement, Jenny McCarthy.
The actress joins Whoopi Goldberg, 57, Sherri Shepherd, 46, and Barbara Walters, 83, in the photo.
It was revealed that McCarthy, 40, was being considered for Behar’s spot in early July. Less than two weeks later, Walters confirmed the casting news on air, telling viewers of the ABC talk show that the popular blonde would be a permanent co-host starting in September.
“Jenny brings us intelligence as well as warmth and humor,” Walters said of McCarthy, who has appeared on The View 17 times, including eight as a guest co-host. “She can be serious and outrageous. She has connected with our audience and offers a fresh point of view. Jenny will be a great addition to the show as we usher in an exciting new chapter for The View.”
The 17th season of “The View” follows the exits of both Behar and co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck, who is joining the Fox & Friends team this fall. Hasselbeck said a tearful goodbye back in July, while Behar bid adieu to the show on Aug. 9.
“To my co-hosts who stay with me now and to all the girls that have sat here before, I’d love to say thank you,” she said in her farewell speech. “I was born in the only-child seat, but now I know what sibling rivalry is all about.”
McCarthy will soon get a taste of that friendly rivalry herself. “I’m beyond thrilled to be joining Barbara and the other amazing women at the table,” she gushed. “I’d like to thank ABC for this great opportunity. I’d also like to give a big thank you to VH1 for their support and for allowing me to fulfill this lifelong dream. I look forward to helping make hot topics a little bit hotter, and showing my mom that my interrupting skills have finally paid off.”
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here