*Joy Behar’s seat isn’t even cold yet on “The View,” and ABC is already putting out the first official co-host photo with her replacement, Jenny McCarthy.
The actress joins Whoopi Goldberg, 57, Sherri Shepherd, 46, and Barbara Walters, 83, in the photo.
It was revealed that McCarthy, 40, was being considered for Behar’s spot in early July. Less than two weeks later, Walters confirmed the casting news on air, telling viewers of the ABC talk show that the popular blonde would be a permanent co-host starting in September.
“Jenny brings us intelligence as well as warmth and humor,” Walters said of McCarthy, who has appeared on The View 17 times, including eight as a guest co-host. “She can be serious and outrageous. She has connected with our audience and offers a fresh point of view. Jenny will be a great addition to the show as we usher in an exciting new chapter for The View.”
The 17th season of “The View” follows the exits of both Behar and co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck, who is joining the Fox & Friends team this fall. Hasselbeck said a tearful goodbye back in July, while Behar bid adieu to the show on Aug. 9.
“To my co-hosts who stay with me now and to all the girls that have sat here before, I’d love to say thank you,” she said in her farewell speech. “I was born in the only-child seat, but now I know what sibling rivalry is all about.”
McCarthy will soon get a taste of that friendly rivalry herself. “I’m beyond thrilled to be joining Barbara and the other amazing women at the table,” she gushed. “I’d like to thank ABC for this great opportunity. I’d also like to give a big thank you to VH1 for their support and for allowing me to fulfill this lifelong dream. I look forward to helping make hot topics a little bit hotter, and showing my mom that my interrupting skills have finally paid off.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here