*Tiger Woods‘ back is bothering him again.
Actually it’s bothering him so bad, he’s foregoing playing in the Challenge charity event this week because of back spasms.
Officials at the NB3 Challenge announced Woods’ withdrawal from their tournament, which begins tomorrow, Wednesday, at the Turning Stone Resort in New York.
“While we’re disappointed Tiger is unable to play in this year’s event, the important thing for Tiger is to make sure he’s 100% healthy and not risk further injuring himself,” Notah Begay III said in a statement.
This summer has brought a number of ailments for Woods. Reports say he played the final holes at the Barclays in discomfort; he said it back spasms causing the those problems.
Woods has struggled with a variety of ailments this summer. At the Barclays last week, he played the final holes in obvious discomfort and said that he was suffering from back spasms.
Woods hung in there and ended up finishing in a tie for second place. He still holds a lead in the FedEx Cup standings. On the other hand, Woods is expected to compete in the second leg of the playoffs at the Deutsche Bank Championship later this week.
“I have spoken to Notah, and I would also like to express my personal regrets to the Oneida Indian Nation, sponsors and fans that I am unable to play in the Notah Begay III Foundation Challenge,” Woods said in a statement. “I want to commend Notah for his hard work and diligence. I’m certain it will be a very successful event.”
Begay’s foundation seeks to raise awareness and build support for the health and wellness of Native American youth.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- It’s ‘Very Difficult’ for Black Staffers at Fox News - Former NABJ President
- Tracy 'T-Mac' McGrady Launches Mobile HBCU Fundraising Campaign
- Wendy Williams Joins 'Salute Her' Honorees To Kick Off Circle of Sisters Weekend
- Ex-NFLer Warrick Dunn Has Now Gifted 145 Homes to Single Parents
- THE (10-09-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Iyanla Vanzant Interview | Black Hollywood Lives' Conversations (Watch)
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Karrueche Says Career Suffering Because Of Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here