*Tiger Woods‘ back is bothering him again.
Actually it’s bothering him so bad, he’s foregoing playing in the Challenge charity event this week because of back spasms.
Officials at the NB3 Challenge announced Woods’ withdrawal from their tournament, which begins tomorrow, Wednesday, at the Turning Stone Resort in New York.
“While we’re disappointed Tiger is unable to play in this year’s event, the important thing for Tiger is to make sure he’s 100% healthy and not risk further injuring himself,” Notah Begay III said in a statement.
This summer has brought a number of ailments for Woods. Reports say he played the final holes at the Barclays in discomfort; he said it back spasms causing the those problems.
Woods has struggled with a variety of ailments this summer. At the Barclays last week, he played the final holes in obvious discomfort and said that he was suffering from back spasms.
Woods hung in there and ended up finishing in a tie for second place. He still holds a lead in the FedEx Cup standings. On the other hand, Woods is expected to compete in the second leg of the playoffs at the Deutsche Bank Championship later this week.
“I have spoken to Notah, and I would also like to express my personal regrets to the Oneida Indian Nation, sponsors and fans that I am unable to play in the Notah Begay III Foundation Challenge,” Woods said in a statement. “I want to commend Notah for his hard work and diligence. I’m certain it will be a very successful event.”
Begay’s foundation seeks to raise awareness and build support for the health and wellness of Native American youth.
- Khloe Kardashian Denies Cocaine Use at Kylie's Graduation Party
- Jill Scott Set to Perform Live on ABC's 'GMA' Tuesday at 7 AM
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Funeral to be Held This Week; Family Source Says She Will Be Buried Near Her Mother Whitney Houston
- Derek Luke Slams Instagram Trolls, Defends Interracial Marriage
- Bill Cosby Story Triggers Hacker Attack on New York Magazine Website
- Sandra Bland Co-Inmate Certain Suicide is Cause of Death
- Anthony Davis Turned Down 'DWTS' Because, 'I Can't Dance'
- Dionne Warwick Says Bobbi Kristina, 'In Much Better Hands Now’
- Celebrities React to Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Death
- Ice-T and Coco Are Gonna Have A Baby!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here