*Reggae artist Frederick “Toots” Hibbert has filed a $20 million lawsuit against concert promoters in Virginia, after he was injured at a show.
The Grammy winner was performing in Richmond in May when he was struck on the head by a bottle thrown by a 19-year-old college student.
The Toots and the Maytals frontman suffered a deep cut to his head and subsequently had to cancel his remaining shows and return to his native Jamaica for medical attention.
Now, Hibbert is accusing Venture Richmond, Metropolitan Richmond Sports Backers Inc., and security-provider Regional Marketing Concepts Inc. of negligence in a lawsuit.
Venture Richmond Executive Director Jack Berry, says, “There is no way that Venture Richmond or Sports Backers could reasonably have anticipated or prevented this random act by a teenage spectator. He alone should be held responsible.
“As you might imagine, we are very concerned about how lawsuits such as this could impact the future of outdoor festivals in Richmond, as all events depend on our ability to secure liability insurance.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Legend Records First-Ever Holiday Duet With the Stars [Listen]
- Porsha Williams, Cynthia Bailey 'RHOA' Fight, Time to Retire B-word?
- Vivica A. Fox Wants an 'Empire' Spinoff Based on Candace
- Report: Tom Joyner Being Forced Out of Own Radio Show; Russ Parr to Take Over
- 50 Cent Sitcom ‘My Friend 50’ Headed to Fox
- The Best of Black Twitter’s #PopeBars
- Mom of Ronald Johnson Wants Dashcam Video of Son's Killing Released (VIdeo)
- 'L&HHH's' Milan Christopher Denies Dating ‘Empire’s’ Jussie Smollett
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Business Owners Combine To Launch Innovative Approach to 'Buy Black' Movement
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here