*Reggae artist Frederick “Toots” Hibbert has filed a $20 million lawsuit against concert promoters in Virginia, after he was injured at a show.
The Grammy winner was performing in Richmond in May when he was struck on the head by a bottle thrown by a 19-year-old college student.
The Toots and the Maytals frontman suffered a deep cut to his head and subsequently had to cancel his remaining shows and return to his native Jamaica for medical attention.
Now, Hibbert is accusing Venture Richmond, Metropolitan Richmond Sports Backers Inc., and security-provider Regional Marketing Concepts Inc. of negligence in a lawsuit.
Venture Richmond Executive Director Jack Berry, says, “There is no way that Venture Richmond or Sports Backers could reasonably have anticipated or prevented this random act by a teenage spectator. He alone should be held responsible.
“As you might imagine, we are very concerned about how lawsuits such as this could impact the future of outdoor festivals in Richmond, as all events depend on our ability to secure liability insurance.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Beyonce Shows Up at the Met Gala Without U-Know-Who (WATCH)
- Tupac Shakur's Mother Afeni Shakur-Davis Dies at 69
- No Biggie. White House Shrugs off Recent N-word Controversy
- The Socialist's Journal: 'Meternity Leave'
- Meet the Black Businessman Giving Ex-Cons, Veterans, and Homeless Support for Success
- THE (05-03-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ringside Update/Ortiz vs Berto II The Second Chapter
- Johnny Gill Says New Album to Accompany New Edition Biopic
- Bobby Shmurda to Sue NYPD Over False Arrest & Gun Charges
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here