*Reggae artist Frederick “Toots” Hibbert has filed a $20 million lawsuit against concert promoters in Virginia, after he was injured at a show.
The Grammy winner was performing in Richmond in May when he was struck on the head by a bottle thrown by a 19-year-old college student.
The Toots and the Maytals frontman suffered a deep cut to his head and subsequently had to cancel his remaining shows and return to his native Jamaica for medical attention.
Now, Hibbert is accusing Venture Richmond, Metropolitan Richmond Sports Backers Inc., and security-provider Regional Marketing Concepts Inc. of negligence in a lawsuit.
Venture Richmond Executive Director Jack Berry, says, “There is no way that Venture Richmond or Sports Backers could reasonably have anticipated or prevented this random act by a teenage spectator. He alone should be held responsible.
“As you might imagine, we are very concerned about how lawsuits such as this could impact the future of outdoor festivals in Richmond, as all events depend on our ability to secure liability insurance.”
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Woman in China Pushes Child to Safety Before Falling to Her Death on Escalator (Video)
- Future Scores First No. 1 Album with ‘DS2’; Tyrese's 'Black Rose' No. 3
- Sherri Shepherd Returning to 'The View' as Contributor
- Drake Claps Back at Meek Mill in ‘Back to Back’ (Listen)
- Tyler Perry ‘Keeping the Peace' Between Houston, Brown Families
- WATCH: 'Mega Fest of the West' takes overs Long Beach with Celebs & Gospel Artists!
- Raven-Symone Says Caitlyn Jenner’s Moving ‘Too Fast, Too Soon’
- Mary J. Blige, Queen Latifah Join NBC’s ‘The Wiz Live!’
- Josh Smith Says Making $6.9 Million will be A Hardship for Him (VIDEO)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here