*Reggae artist Frederick “Toots” Hibbert has filed a $20 million lawsuit against concert promoters in Virginia, after he was injured at a show.
The Grammy winner was performing in Richmond in May when he was struck on the head by a bottle thrown by a 19-year-old college student.
The Toots and the Maytals frontman suffered a deep cut to his head and subsequently had to cancel his remaining shows and return to his native Jamaica for medical attention.
Now, Hibbert is accusing Venture Richmond, Metropolitan Richmond Sports Backers Inc., and security-provider Regional Marketing Concepts Inc. of negligence in a lawsuit.
Venture Richmond Executive Director Jack Berry, says, “There is no way that Venture Richmond or Sports Backers could reasonably have anticipated or prevented this random act by a teenage spectator. He alone should be held responsible.
“As you might imagine, we are very concerned about how lawsuits such as this could impact the future of outdoor festivals in Richmond, as all events depend on our ability to secure liability insurance.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Miramax Acquires Whitney Doc, Johnnie Cochran Film Finds Director
- Fewer Sex Partners Leads To Divorce, Nick Young & Iggy Azalea 'Split' | BHL's This Week (WATCH)
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here