*Reggae artist Frederick “Toots” Hibbert has filed a $20 million lawsuit against concert promoters in Virginia, after he was injured at a show.
The Grammy winner was performing in Richmond in May when he was struck on the head by a bottle thrown by a 19-year-old college student.
The Toots and the Maytals frontman suffered a deep cut to his head and subsequently had to cancel his remaining shows and return to his native Jamaica for medical attention.
Now, Hibbert is accusing Venture Richmond, Metropolitan Richmond Sports Backers Inc., and security-provider Regional Marketing Concepts Inc. of negligence in a lawsuit.
Venture Richmond Executive Director Jack Berry, says, “There is no way that Venture Richmond or Sports Backers could reasonably have anticipated or prevented this random act by a teenage spectator. He alone should be held responsible.
“As you might imagine, we are very concerned about how lawsuits such as this could impact the future of outdoor festivals in Richmond, as all events depend on our ability to secure liability insurance.”
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Stripped of WBO Title Over Nonpayment of Fee
- Whoopi: Bill Cosby is ‘Still Innocent Until Proven Guilty’; Raven-Symone Needs More Proof
- Bill Cosby Accusers Feel Vindicated with Newly Released Confession
- ‘Married To Medicine’s’ Quad & Lisa Nicole Cloud Cat Fightin' (WATCH)
- Neighbors Watch in Horror as Two Girls Jump from Burning Building
- Watch FSU QB De’Andre Johnson PUNCH Woman in Face; Gets Released
- EUR Speaks with Kem, Lalah Hathaway & Dee-1 At 2015 Essence Festival (WATCH)
- Beyoncé Video Inspires Curvy 68 Story Australian Skyscraper
- Turner's Two Cents: Obama Did Not Call Immigrants Gangbangers
- $2 Million Lawsuit Filed Against Former NBA Player Tyrone Hill
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here