*Usher Raymond has experienced a scary week with his 5 year old son Usher Raymond V nearly drowning in his pool and now in the hospital.
Yesterday Raymond spoke out about the incident for the first time.
“I am blessed and fortunate to say that my son Usher V is doing well and is recovering,” Raymond said in a statement.
“I am overwhelmed by the outpouring of prayers, love and support for my family’s well-being. I would like to thank my Aunt Rena as well as the doctors and nurses who are working with us around the clock,” he continued.
“I would especially like to thank the two men who saved my son’s life, Eugene Stachurski and Ben Crews. They are true heroes and I am deeply grateful to them.”
A friend of Usher’s ex-wife Tameka Foster posted that he’s doing “fine,” and “currently in stable condition at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Scottish Rite and is being held for observation,” on her blog.
The accident happened when Usher V went under water to get his toy and got his arm stuck in a pool drain. His aunt and housekeeper were unable to free him so contractors working in the house jumped in and got him out of the pool and performed CPR on him.
In light of the incident, Foster has filed an emergency custody hearing.
She is blaming Usher for the pool accident and claims he isn’t an attentive parent. Foster’s legal docs are a request to have primary custody reverted over to her.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Black Male Valedictorian, Straight A Student, Barred from Walking Grad Stage
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Jason Derulo Splits with 50 Cent’s Baby Mama Daphne Joy
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here