*Usher Raymond has experienced a scary week with his 5 year old son Usher Raymond V nearly drowning in his pool and now in the hospital.
Yesterday Raymond spoke out about the incident for the first time.
“I am blessed and fortunate to say that my son Usher V is doing well and is recovering,” Raymond said in a statement.
“I am overwhelmed by the outpouring of prayers, love and support for my family’s well-being. I would like to thank my Aunt Rena as well as the doctors and nurses who are working with us around the clock,” he continued.
“I would especially like to thank the two men who saved my son’s life, Eugene Stachurski and Ben Crews. They are true heroes and I am deeply grateful to them.”
A friend of Usher’s ex-wife Tameka Foster posted that he’s doing “fine,” and “currently in stable condition at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Scottish Rite and is being held for observation,” on her blog.
The accident happened when Usher V went under water to get his toy and got his arm stuck in a pool drain. His aunt and housekeeper were unable to free him so contractors working in the house jumped in and got him out of the pool and performed CPR on him.
In light of the incident, Foster has filed an emergency custody hearing.
She is blaming Usher for the pool accident and claims he isn’t an attentive parent. Foster’s legal docs are a request to have primary custody reverted over to her.
- Charlene Crowell: SCOTUS Ruling Preserves Key Fair Housing Tool
- THE (07-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The Pulse of Entertainment: It’s the Beginning of a new era for the 'Terminator' Franchise with 'Terminator Genisys'
- Jason Derulo Channels King of Pop in New 'Cheyenne' Video - WATCH
- Diddy Won't be Prosecuted by DA for UCLA Altercation with Coach
- Karrueche Tran Reveals Her Father is Gay
- The Game Faces Three Years in Prison for Assaulting Cop
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers on the ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ of Andre Lyon
- Ratings Plummet in Return of Halle Berry’s ‘Extant’
- L.A. District Attorney (Jackie Lacey) Silent on Pressing Charges Against CHP Officer in Video Beating
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here